Why isn't there a place to connect with other drivers?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izmepeggy

Reaction score
With all the people on the forum,why is it so hard to find local people to drive with?I think they need to add a board for people looking for other people to drive with.It would be so much more fun to have driving buddies.Most people around Louisville,Ky show but don't drive other wise..Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I am not the only one looking for others to drive with.I have looked all over the internet and facebook and there are just no groups with people looking for other people in their area to drive with..

Mona PINNED it!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Hey Peggy, on FB look up

Horse Driving - Mini to Draft - Horses, Carts, Carriages, Harnesses

that is if you haven't already
default_yes.gif

Why isn't there a place to connect with other drivers?

there is a place! you can post it on the "Driving Miniature Horses Forum"
default_firstprize.gif
or you could post it on the "Wanted" forum and also as a Wanted ad. on the "free Sales Board". Someone in your area may see it and contact you.

You can search the farm directory and both links pages here and here for miniature horse farms in your area and contact them.

It's also easy to connect local to you with your friends and acquaintance list on FB

Having a separate forum on here specifically for driving is much easier to access than if I were to set up a driving group for each city or state.

I am open to suggestions if enough are interested.

Well, I enjoyed the drives thru KY that I've done in the past (2009, 2012 & 2013) and was going to ask if you two ladies (Jeannie & Peggy) had places that a 3/4 ton 4x4 w/ either a 3 horse goose or a 16' bumper pull trailer could be turned around in...

Then I googled your "towns" and realized that that's not just a day drive as you both are on the western sides of KY.
default_sad.png
Don't think I can pull that together this year (2014). Thought it would be a fun way to get to see a new state for a little bit longer than just passin' thru and take our ponies to someone else to do some driving. I love taking the ponies somewhere new and driving with other folks that have "little horses" is great! Works even better when introducing someone to driving the little guys or to little horses for the first time. Very satisfying...

Right now - I still haven't made it to the National Drive and I still want to do that as well! 2014 is a year I'll be sticking mostly right close to home w/ SOME driving out to areas w/i 5 hours of us - as time/gas permits... Right now, I don't foresee going one way with an overnight before reaching our destination. My currant job doesn't allow me enough time off for that yet.

If either of you has big enuff area for it - why don't you scout out an area that people can drive and invite others to you (not necessarily mini/pony drivers) and then if you don't have an experienced driving horse - ride along with one of the folks who come? Vicki and I got started by going to the events with the Draft Horse Club (we've attended many of the Moore Cty Driving Clubs events in Southern Pines, too - w/o our driving ponies since we both have farm style equipment).

Well, I enjoyed the drives thru KY that I've done in the past (2009, 2012 & 2013) and was going to ask if you two ladies (Jeannie & Peggy) had places that a 3/4 ton 4x4 w/ either a 3 horse goose or a 16' bumper pull trailer could be turned around in...

Then I googled your "towns" and realized that that's not just a day drive as you both are on the western sides of KY.
default_sad.png
Don't think I can pull that together this year (2014). Thought it would be a fun way to get to see a new state for a little bit longer than just passin' thru and take our ponies to someone else to do some driving. I love taking the ponies somewhere new and driving with other folks that have "little horses" is great! Works even better when introducing someone to driving the little guys or to little horses for the first time. Very satisfying...

Right now - I still haven't made it to the National Drive and I still want to do that as well! 2014 is a year I'll be sticking mostly right close to home w/ SOME driving out to areas w/i 5 hours of us - as time/gas permits... Right now, I don't foresee going one way with an overnight before reaching our destination. My currant job doesn't allow me enough time off for that yet.

If either of you has big enuff area for it - why don't you scout out an area that people can drive and invite others to you (not necessarily mini/pony drivers) and then if you don't have an experienced driving horse - ride along with one of the folks who come? Vicki and I got started by going to the events with the Draft Horse Club (we've attended many of the Moore Cty Driving Clubs events in Southern Pines, too - w/o our driving ponies since we both have farm style equipment).
And Jeannie is about 200 miles from me.I plan on going to the National Drive this year..Did you notice I said "plan"..I had planned on going last year but life got in the way..But, for now I have 2 Minis driving and 2 carts and one person..lol..ME

And Jeannie is about 200 miles from me.I plan on going to the National Drive this year..Did you notice I said "plan"..I had planned on going last year but life got in the way..But, for now I have 2 Minis driving and 2 carts and one person..lol..ME

Maybe try posting an ad at some local stores. Want to learn to drive a mini horse? Questioning should weed out anybody you wouldn't be happy working with. Then teach someone how to drive with you using your horses and have them start driving with you. It DOES work better if they live closer to you. If that doesn't work - in KY don't you have some 4H clubs or a local High School with an FFA org? Ask about doing a demo and then put out feelers to see if any of the adults would like to join you. ?? Several things you could try - I've done some of them but not all myself.

You might be limited by your insurance...

I'm new at driving myself so I don't think I need to be teaching..lol..I work 3rd shift so can only drive on weekends or when I can get up early enough .I know several Mini people but they don't drive or don't drive out of the ring..What good is a horse if you can't drive it out of the ring??? I want to enjoy mine..I'm glad Mona pinned it though..I know I'm not the only person looking for people to drive with..

You would be surprised the number of mini owners out there that might be willing to learn to drive but don't know about this site and won't/can't drive by themselves. I've met a couple thru the various forums now...

I understand your not wanting to teach when you are just starting out yourself. Very familiar to that one, LOL. I've been in similar situation myself.

Back