Why don't people (or more people) respond...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritrSitr

Reaction score
...to my posts?
default_sad.png

I thought that this site was for mini-horse people to connect with other mini-horse people. I don't feel like I'm "connecting." Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what your other post were about.

But people post on topics that they know about. Or feel strongly about.

Sometimes the item can get shoved to the next page where it is less visable.

That is why some bump theirs back up.

Just my opinion.

I know sometimes it looks and feels like certain individuals are getting slighted, but I assure you that isn't the case. Sometimes threads just get totally overlooked. Go down the line now and you can see many threads that were not responded to or responded to very little. PLEASE........DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY!

Just keep on posting!

Carol

Don't be discouraged.I have felt the same way and finally decided to use this board as just a learning device by reading the posts of others.It may take a while, but someone will finally respond.I needed advice about wart removal and got lots of solutions, but unfortunately we still have the warts.Keep reading and someone will answer you soon.There is a wealth of information on this board&lots of nice people.welcome ot the very addictive world of Minis.Aren't they just wonderful?

Welcome to the Forum. I don't recall seeing any of your posts before, but by looking at your counter, I see you have made some.

I usually don't respond to posts unless I have something to offer that has not already been said. Some people have lives outside this board and the ones who have an answer may not get on often and as mentioned earlier, a post may get pushed to the second page and overlooked before it ever gets an answer.

If you don't get an answer and it gets pushed to the second page, bump it up and give it some more time.

well, I feel the same way a lot, too. Its almost like I am not in the click, But when it comes to the important things, I promise we are all here for you, and that can be found everywhere. Go back to some of my posts, some have very little response, and others have oodles. I suppose it has to do with the topic?? This is a huge family, and I know that for sure!!!

Take care

I am sorry if I have missed your post. If no one responds, please bump it. I try to read

at least once a day, but some days, I miss. Then I have to go back and hunt for the post. I

don't look so much as to who posted, but what the post are? This is a super group, so don't

stop posting. Just bump it up, so if it gets missed, it can get read. If I am in hurry, I scan it,

and then later try to go back and find the other post to read. Some topics I just read, as I may

not know what to post, or don't want to give the wrong information.

Vicky

I'm sorry that you feel as if your posts have been ignored. I also look at posts by topic and not by poster but when I looked under your profile at the topics you've posted the only one I recognized was the LB chat thread. Some of them I know I wouldn't have opened as they weren't the kind of topics I keep an eye on, but others I think I must have simply missed. I'm sure I'm not the only one!

It seems like sometimes you have to "break through" and become a recognized member of the group and I try to post on threads by new members to help them do that. It seems to be a peer pressure thing- if no one has responded, no one will! LOL. But if one person says "congratulations" then often others will follow so I try to do that. My apologies for missing yours.

Oh- welcome to Lil' Beginnings!

Leia

:saludando: Most anywhere you're new it takes awhile to get in the swing. I still don't get a lot of responce but I enjoy the forum so much and it is so much company for me tht I try to read it every day. I just moved so was off for couple of weeks . Yesterday was my first dy back and I spent over 4 hours on forum. So hang in there for your own enjoyment and eventually you'll be the one everyonee wants to talk to.

Sorry, I must have missed your posts too. When I see one that hasn't been responded to, I generally try to say something just so the person on the other end doesn't feel ignored. Not a good feeling. Been there.

Hi, I am glad you could join us. I too, am sorry I have missed your posts. Sometimes there are alot of us in summer, who just dont have the time to respond to every post, but we usually do read them. ( I know its true in my case) but once winter gets here and we all have alot more time you will see alot more people posting. PLEASE dont take it personal, and just keep posting. Theres probably alot more members reading your posts then you know
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin Corinne

Some people will only respond to threads that are from people they know well, so don't be offended at all. I too have felt that I've been ignored before. In the summer there are also not as many people on due to showing, etc...for instance...I don't show, but I always have so much to do in summer, I very rarely respond (unless I have something really important to add), but I am much more active in the winter, so don't take anything personal. :bgrin

Just would like to say Welcome and yes I know you see so many that have viewed but no comments.

Not really sure why :new_shocked: They have already read it, but don't reply. :nono:

default_yes.gif
: Best advice bump it up

I know how you feel. Look at my topics, I betchya most don't have more than 5 to 8 replies.
default_smile.png
I guess most of the time, the right person isn't there to reply, and they don't see it because it gets moved to the next page. Sorry you feel that way!

Breanne :saludando:

Sorry, I to have been so busy this summer that I am guilty of scanning quickly once a day if I am lucky enough to get here once a day sometime every other day or two.

I am fairly new also, so I know how you are feeling.

Folks here really are very nice just busy, don't have anything constructive to add or answer, miss seeing your post or they are out at the barn like me!

Just wait till the snow flies and we are all typing at once :lol:

:aktion033: Welcome to LB Forum

There are allot of reasons some threads dont get to many replies. Your new to the forum and we havnt had the chance to get to know you yet. Your other thread was pretty popular.

Its the middle of show season so allot of people are not on as much.

I know i reply to mostly my friends threads. I take a look at most threads but i dont always post on them because i just enjoy reading over them and readings other opinions on different topics. Normally i'm more at the advice/training/showing threads, i dont look at pictures quite as much.

Not all topics are going to be as popular as other topics, it all depends on who's viewing the forum that day.

Dont take any affence to it
default_smile.png

Glad you posted, thank you. I'll take it as a remainder. I have gotten so lazy lately.

I'll respond more now.

You should't take it personal.

Best wishes

Anita

I'm sorry but I don't remember seeing your posts either. Some days I don't get to the Forum and other days I can check a couple of time but sometimes I don't go past the 1st page if my time is limited. Please don't leave us but try again. BTW, I'm Joyce at Little Folks in Connecticut.

hi

i'm Lori from New Jersey :saludando:

I know what you mean i feel the same sometimes but we have to realize

alot of the people who post on here have known each other for

sometime.

And they see each other at shows and outside of shows

and visit each other.

I'm hanging in there because i know i'm new here too and live quite far from anyone

who normally posts on here.

But there is so much to learn here

and you do slowly make connections with different people

i don't think we should take it personal there are alot of us in the same situation.

Just enjoy and please don't stop sharing

Lori

Latest posts

Back