Why do some posts move?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbit Horse Shire

Reaction score
default_wacko.png
: I am wondering why some posts are moved to another location? I admit I am not an experienced user of the Forum but I'm sure I'm not the only one who makes mistakes

I watch the Forum everyday & see photos posted and admire what I see .. I wanted to share some cute photos too so I created a post with the links to the photos .. I hadn't figured out how to embed the images at that time

I went to look at the post to edit it (since I figured out the embedding thing) and saw that it was moved .. Why? Did I do something wrong? If so would whoever moved it kindly let me know so I don't make the same mistake again

I don't want to loose the right to read & participate in this Forum .. I couldn't find a "Help" link or a "Contact Us" link anywhere so the members are the only ones I know to ask

Thank you for beint patient with an inexperienced user :no:

Different posts belong in different sections...each one created due to the amount of non-miniature-horse-related stuff flooding this main board.

There is a section for fun non-informative pictures, one for mini donkeys, one for ponies, one for youths, the 'best of' section, chances mini rescue has it's own board, one for non-horse-related stuff, and then the practise one where you can try out the different ways to work with the forum's coding.
default_yes.gif
:

Your post probably was moved to the Photo Section.

they are all on the forum's main page,

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?act=idx

you'll get used to it eventually!

Sometimes people don't realize which forum they post to, and sometimes people don't understand where the best place to post topics should be.

If someone posts a question on the Pony Talk forum about finding a miniature size bridle, it may be moved to the Miniature Horse Forum.

If someone posts pictures on the Main Miniature Horse Forum, it may be moved to the Picture Forum.

The moderators have a tough job (and unpaid job!) so generally most of us don't question them.

You may find your post somewhere else, that the moderators felt was more appropriate.

Andrea

:

I went to look at the post to edit it (since I figured out the embedding thing) and saw that it was moved .. Why? Did I do something wrong? If so would whoever moved it kindly let me know so I don't make the same mistake again

I don't want to loose the right to read & participate in this Forum .. I couldn't find a "Help" link or a "Contact Us" link anywhere so the members are the only ones I know to ask

Thank you for beint patient with an inexperienced user :no:

People do not lose their right to participate on this Forum for putting posts in the wrong place. Don't worry. You will get the hang of it. And please don't take this kind of thing personally. All of us moderators do the best we can to keep the majority happy!
default_yes.gif
:

Remember if you have any questions you can click on our names and PM us at any time and we will do our best to help you. You can also get acquainted with the Forum Rules here -------> Forum Etiquette and Rules

Thanks, Carol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, if you have any questions please feel free to contact any of the moderators - we're more than happy to help you!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

I didn't realize there were all those other "Forums" .. This is the only page I know .. So that's why I posted it here .. I need to go find the others :eek:

:

All of us moderators do the best we can to keep the majority happy!
default_yes.gif
:

I forgot to ask .. How do you know who the moderators are to ask questions of? :no: :eek: :no:

Click on the "Forum" heading and it takes you to the main index that shows all the sub forums. You will see "Led by" with their name at the bottom of each sub. Their forum names have links that will take you to a place where you can PM them.

Oh you'll get the hang of it.....the moderators really do a good job of watching over the forums too and helping out when you need them..... Fast responses and right there at your finger tips!
default_yes.gif
: Don't feel bad about having your topics moved...my fast fingers have gotten me in the wrong forum a few times and too late when I notice it...then I just contact the moderators and they happily change it for me
default_yes.gif
: :eek: .

Latest posts

Back