Whose breeding program

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the advantages of working at the World show for the past three years is that I have gotten to see all of the horses being shown each year. For the last two years I have had to check the paperwork for all of the horses being shown. As I look at the horse to compare the horse with the photos on the registration papers if I see a horse that I like I will look at the pedigree and make some mental notes. Two of the many farms that I like are:

Alliance Miniatures - Quitman, TX

JSW Farms - Wrigley,KY

Rocking M Farms - Chandler, OK

But wait, I have listed three farms. Had I not been doing the work that I have at the Worlds for the last few years I might not have noticed Rocking M Farms or atleast not noticed when I did. This is a farm that I had not been familiar with where I kept seeing horses that I liked and when I would look at the papers I would notice that they were Rocking M horses. From the looks of the owners all over the country I am far from the first to find them.

Last edited by a moderator:
KC Pappas (First Knights) is to me the one breeding program that consistantly produces champions and that really produces quality and not quantity.

I cant say there is really on that I love. I see good in bad in them in all. I would personally love to find a farm that I love the foals, and love what they turn into.

I have seen so many with awsome foals, but once they grow up they dont please my eye anymore.

The one that pops out of my mind is Gwen Simmons of Honey Bea Meadows. I have been watching her breeding program for 5 years now. I have noticed an awesome change for the better the last 2 years. She has a breeding stallion to die for!!!! I purchased 3 last year, and have my eye on 2 more this year. She has a weanling stallion that literally floats when he moves. Now, I just have to convince my husband that I NEED 2 more horses!!!!!

www.honeybeameadows.com

I would have to add Reo to my list as well her foals are just getting better and better and Kickapoo and JSW oh heck there are many that are doing an awesome job and I would love to emulate all of them. I dont drool just save my money and hope to own good horses from them someday.

Definitely Ann's horses, (Ann Simmons, Seahorse Farms) she does a outstanding job at knowing who to breed with who, to get the most beautiful look of the arab in heads, necks, flagging tails. Any of the foals she has produced has always kept that araby look. I have admired her horses since the day I bought Dude from her. Corinne

Latest posts

Back