Whose breeding program

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also gonna pick a few here.... I have a whole section of my favorites menu title "Mini Farms" and i have them in order of which ones i like best.

well I think my favorite would be Olympian's. They're on top right now. Followed by Abria's, Quintessa (when i first found them i stared at every horse on that webbie for hours), Mountain Meadows, Willow Creeks, Alliance, JSW, Erica's, Beloveds, Venturas, Wisteria's, Cherryville's, Nostalgia's....

well that's all I'll name for now, but Dona's, Getitia's, and Tami's, are in there too.
default_wub.png
:

Actually one of the nicest overall herds I have seen recently is Wisteria Miniatures. The overall quality is amazing and she has many of my favorite bloodlines. Had I continued with miniatures their program is one I would be honored to emulate.

And when it comes to ponie FMF has what I love.

There are others but these are my top two.
default_wink.png
:

Aww...Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. My program did not happen overnight and I give my stallions and mares big hugs all the time for living up to their heritage and being awesome producers. I'm now into some third generation horses being born of mine and am excitied with the results. Of course my goals and eye are set forward and I'm hoping with some tweaks here and there, a few new horses, some new crosses and several crosses the same, adding some up and coming breeding age horses I've retained from years before I can continue on my goal on tweaking things even more.

For me I respect SEVERAL farms and look up to them for advice and watch their programs, I could make a list of several...Little King Farm - Robin and Marianne, Cross Country - Belinda, JSW - Jonathan, Mountian Meadows - Staci, Alliance, McCarthys..........but if I had to pick one it would be Jacque Mason - WallStreet Miniatures and Shetlands. While she does shetlands, some of them are now small enough to hardship. But Rock E line is so consistent for her and she's a great friend as well.

Really? Erica's , Little Kings, and Mountain Meadows, which there are several more I just can't think of them all!!! but thats the top three I can think of, Oh, and also, I just have to add Star Ridge Acres(they have champions, and ones in the making, all in small size)
default_yes.gif
:

All the farms mentioned have done a great job, I have to add Lucky Four, since I have a super stallion that is their breeding, they have been in business a long time and have bred or developed a lot of great horses like Sids Rebel and Black Velvet, crossing them with good mares has produced a lot of show winners for them, Laura of course since our National Champion stallion is her breeding
default_smile.png

As a fan of Shetlands, tall B minis, and Arenosas, I'll go for Sundance LB Stock Farm and Establo/A Stable Business.

And while their Shetlands are not mini-sized, I'd give the world for a horse from Wilkinson Pony Farm....especially one sired by Rocket's Will Doo or Raven of Bird Haven.

I would add Getitia to my list, but their website crashes my computer for some reason, darn it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, it hard to pick. Some of the farms already mentioned ... Little Kings, Seahorse, JSW, and Dona' s horses are my favorites.

I would like to add Lucky Hart's, Bartkewich Minis, Iona, Woodstock North, and MTC.

And a couple farms in Kentucky - Whispering Winds, Bethel, and Running Creek Farm.

Freida

For consistency I would have to say Little Kings also Westwind has nice horses Karen Wales, and of course Erica I love the Buckeroo line so farms that cross that line of course Wisteria and Getia and so many others The miniatures just get better and better thanks to all of these concientious breeders.

As if anyone doesn't know my first answer :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin I admired her horses for years before getting "one" (on up to lots) of my own.

In addition to the obvious answer (ERICA!), there are many breeders who each year consistantly have foals that will catch my attention (Little Kings, Dona, Tibbs, Triple K, Kendra, Nootka, Mountain Meadows / Stacy...). And, the "type" of the horses in this mix is pretty diverse but all very nice each year.

Sorry, I couldn't pick just one especially as my favorite isn't a secret
default_smile.png

Jill - so excited to make your list! Thanks! :saludando:

Everyone who has been listed this far does an awesome job for sure. If I have to pick just one, and who I admire the very most on their breeding is KC Pappas First Knight Miniatures. She has a small herd and keeps belting out world champions wow!

Well for me i'ts Donna Kickapoo Acres :aktion033: :new_shocked: stunning horses!! Great conformation, and color to burn, what more could you ask for :new_shocked: :aktion033:

A couple of mine are; Hoofbeat Buckon Ranch, CountryLanes Miniatures, Lilliputs Miniatures, Triple K miniatures, and Ventura Stables!

Emily

There are so many, but this year Triple K really got my attention. Nancy and Jerry at Paddock Farms have an awesome program too.

Its too hard to pick one, this isn't fair!!!

AND OF COURSE neck in neck with my choice is REO!!! Both breeders have conformation which to me is foremost and COLOR!!! I am a color kind of gal :bgrin :aktion033: two awesome breeders! Unfortunately I told REO that Lotto should come up her to ME, she didn't think so, ROFL. I tried!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That means a LOT to me! Thank you Danielle!
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

I also love color too but conformation comes first!

I still say you can't have my boy LOL! :xbud: :new_rofl:

I agree, I admire Dona's horses too (Kickapoo) and Getitia's. There are many more!

The 2 I admire and respect the most are Lost Spoke and Critter Creek Farms! They just keep getting better and better.
default_yes.gif
:

Erica and Little Kings, but i definately had trouble narrowing it down!!

I admire Buckeye Walnut Creek Farm! There horses are always presented so nicely and have great movemnt! I have yet to own one of Getitia's horses- one day! :bgrin

k.

Latest posts

Back