Who would you love to be President? My choice would be.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
First off, I'm not a political type person and I don't have a special party. But as I see it, I'm not thrilled about anyone who we have to choose from. I'd like more choices. So..... Out of everyone you can think of, who would you really love to see as US President? My first thought of course would be a housewife, someone like me who has a lot of patience and can stretch a dollar and usually keep peace. I think someone with hippie values of make love not war, plus experience with clipping coupons would be wonderful.

But after much thought, I'd like to see JIM BOB DUGGAR as our President! That's right. Laugh if you want, but I'm having trust issues with a lot of our candidates so I thought it would be fun for us all to look outside the box. First of all, old Jim Bob is a successful business man who has no trouble sorting out finances. He's shrewd without being a crook. He is a great manager and obviously can run his household on a budget where no one is lacking for a thing. I could see Jim Bob as a great world peacemaker too. He's nobody's fool, but he has such a lovely way of speaking with others, I'll bet he could keep us out of wars and make friends of the bad guys. He's also as honest a person as you can get. The man is just not capable or able to lie. He is a man of great moral character and conviction. His 19 kids are a testimony to that. And ok, speaking of his 19 kids I guess Planned Parenthood would be out, but you can't have everything. His own kids could set an example of celibacy for many young generations to come. Last but not least, he does have quite a bit of political experience so he would not go in there blind and naive. So my vote for President at this time would be Jim Bob Duggar.

Here's more about Jim Bob if you care to read about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bob_Duggar

So who would you all like to see be President?

I think we do have atleast one good option, but doesnt look like we will be taking it, Ron Paul.

If I had a magic wand:

I could put a lot of my heart behind a Jeb Bush / Marco Rubio ticket. Either order.

Sarah Palin would be a great Secretary of Energy, Charles Krauthammer as Secretaryof State, Rick Perry as a top economic advisor, Newt Gingrich in a key adviser role...

I will put my vote behind whoever gets the Republican nomination. The GOP lines up with how I feel on the political issues most important to me. Those would be the areas of National defense, the economy, and personal responsibility.

Seriously, ABO...

%24(KGrHqJHJCoE9!Npbh)hBP(2fIG5rQ~~60_57.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If Ron Paul were president, I would not have been able to go to college. He is smart and SCARY. No thanks. I'm a Hilary Clinton fan
default_smile.png

Want to know what happens when you get rid of FAFSA and tell people to get private loans from banks instead? People like me who have no one to cosign for them get stuck trying to make it without a college degree. FAFSA doesn't cover all of my tuition, but it covers a large portion so I only have to work 30-40 hrs a week to pay the rest and pay the bills. But, at least I am able to go to college.

Yes, I'd like to see it. If Uncle Sam didn't make student loans so "easy", college tuition wouldn't out pace inflation by a factor of 3. Can only charge what people (think) they can "afford" to pay. ... and I'm someone who knows how to professionally help families file and qualify for more $$$$$ through FASFA.

My answer to the original question is ABO.

With what is left in the running as of now I would go with Santorum or Newt. I hate to say which...I tend to jinx them. I was for Herman Cain before most people had even heard of him. Big disappointment but yet I have to admit I was expecting it. I know the "type". A lot of it was manufactured but some of it had to be true. I had high hopes for Newt. I believe his ship is now sinking. So still ABO.

This is not American Idol. How can one not be a political type person? The future of our country is on the line. How can one not have a party affiliation? "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything." That viewpoint is exactly what helped put this president in office. Do your homework. People should pull their heads out of the sand. I can respect someone knowing what their party stands for and voting for them even if I disagree with their mindset before I can understand somebody "liking" a candidate just because (generally because they are clueless) or they like something about his physical traits. Recently heard somebody say "we don't want another old white guy." And the one that really makes me get on my soapbox is somebody that votes democrat or republican simply because "my daddy was a (blank), his daddy was a (blank), and his daddy was also so that's why I am a (blank). Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! For crying outloud know where you stand and stand strong.

Sometimes when I look at the choices I get really discouraged.Which candidate will do the least damage?I just wish the 2 parties would stop fighting each other so much, get together and think about the USA as a whole and work together.Right now not much is getting done due to all the fighting against each other's party.It's just 1 big Blame Game.I really don't think our elected officials in DC have a clue how the rest of the people in this country have to live and are just trying to survive.I get really upset when I see the amount of money we send to everywhere else in the world to save other countries(most of them hate us anyway)and we have kids and adults in this country who don't have enough to eat.something is wrong with this picture.

This is not American Idol. How can one not be a political type person? The future of our country is on the line. How can one not have a party affiliation?

The intent of this thread was to take a light hearted look outside of the box as to whom you would like to see as President out of anyone at all; not necessarily anyone who is involved in politics. Maybe you all have a friend, relative, or favorite actor who you'd like to see hold this office. And many people stand as independants and don't choose sides. Lighten up people! Make it fun.

Marty, I'm right there with Vickie and her point is right on. We all just have to realize that today, politics are not and should not be light hearted. We're talking about the people who make decisions about things that insure or jeopardize the American Way of Life. National Security, the economy and personal responsibility are not light hearted matters. In this day and age, we should all realize liberty is precious and potentially fleeting.

Marty, I would like to see Johnny Depp as president. Not just because he's a good looking man, but he also seems extremely level headed to me. Not to mention that he must be doing something right with his career since he is still in high demand after 30 years. I can honestly say that if he was president, I would actively pay more attention to politics and I would watch every single presidential debate, public speaking, and campaign. ;-)

Now see for me, ABO ranks right up there with the most frustrating reasoning one would use to pick their president, and the easiest excuse to remain uninformed. It is just as bad as picking someone because you "like" them or they speak in public well. Actually, with the latter, your opinion is somewhat influenced by who you are voting for, not just who you aren’t voting for. ABO just means you have only researched one person, or worse yet, seen some catching bumper stickers, and don't need to even look at the other guys views or plans. The entire idea of ABO is to make the point, this guy s@#c so bad, I don’t care what the other guy is or does, he has my vote. It is a JOKE, not a serious justification, and far from an educated one.

I think the biggest way to get people involved and motivated to learn, is to RESPECT them. Not say, ohh, I pity how stupid you are! Don't insult their intelligence by just throwing bumper sticker slogans over and over at them. We can all make informed decisions if given the information. I plan on voting Republican, but darn, the behavior of the party makes me not want to tell anyone, it's downright embarrassing most of the time.

This is not American Idol. How can one not be a political type person? The future of our country is on the line. How can one not have a party affiliation?

The intent of this thread was to take a light hearted look outside of the box as to whom you would like to see as President out of anyone at all; not necessarily anyone who is involved in politics. Maybe you all have a friend, relative, or favorite actor who you'd like to see hold this office. And many people stand as independants and don't choose sides. Lighten up people! Make it fun.
I am sorry that I am not able to have a fun or light hearted view on the subject of "Presidency." Sorry if I sounded like I was snapping at you personally Marty. I have much respect for you as a person. I understand that you have admiration for Jim Bob Duggar and agree that he probably would bring a lot (besides children) to the oval office. I actually used to live up in the Springdale area and would see the family on "kids eat free night at AQ Chicken" when they only had a dozen or so. I have friends who are friends with them. Now that their Christian life is on a TV show they get either admiration (from people like you and me) or ridicule from people who totally disagree with their way of life. I cannot believe some of the mean comments that get posted about them when a headline hits about them (and a particular friend of mine.)

I did not see the words "light hearted" in your original post although you did use "fun." So I will play along and name a few that are not on the ballot but that I still would perhaps like to see as President. I cannot make it fun though because I am serious so if we stick to your rules I am already disqualified from playing.
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif
default_thumbdown.gif
Boot Vickie.
default_yes.gif

My original answer remains ABO. Here are some others:

Rubio (although HIS legality would be challenged)

Michelle Malkin (not to be confused with Michelle B)

RAND Paul (not to be confused with his dad RON)

Mark Levin

Louie Gohmert

Moon Griffon

Ok, I am outta this game. Everyone else have FUN!
default_wink.png
If you were having fun you would not recognize most of my choices anyway.

For fun... an Ann Coulter / Dennis Miller ticket. Now that would be entertaining and potentially powerful.

Vickie, I *love* Michelle Malkin! She's brilliant and thinks fast as can be.

Latest posts

Back