Who owns a Buckeroo mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boy, Erica's Big City Conspiracy Theory is a Buckaroo grandson on his sire's side and a Buckaroo greatgrandson on his dam's side. His gradsire on his dams side is Little King's Buck Echo. My boy "Bishop" as I call him has the best personality in the world. He is so attentive and loving. I could hug on him all day long. He's going to make his driving debut this year "fingers crossed" . He also seems to have a knack for obstacle. He is really responsive to my cues. I just love working with him.

DrivingFeb2010007.jpg

Laura

As crazy as it seems. I do not have a Buckeroo bred horse.
default_sad.png

But I have admired Buckeroo for years and years. So much so, that 29 years ago, long before I ever had computer or internet... (So all we had to keep up with the mini business, were the Mini Magazines.) I saw Buckeroo's picture on the cover one month...and that following year we had a buckskin colt born, that i named after Buckeroo. (of course mine was no relation at all to "the" guy).....

I sure did not realize at the time that "the" Buckeroo would become the icon that he has and what he has done for the Mini industry. He is phenomenal..

Come to think of it..... I need to add a Buckeroo bred horse to our herd, there are really some beautiful Buckeroo bred horses out there.

We have a grandson, Ranger Creek Buck Tonto. Sweet, tiny guy- he's only 29" tall! Plus we have two of HIS daughters, so that makes three Buckeroo descendants on our farm.
default_biggrin.png

Oh, yeah- he jumps and drives, too!!
default_laugh.png

Lucy

We finally do now.. I too was one that wanted to stay away since there are so many that are related to him some how but with my switch from appies to the pinto/solids I've found myself with a few Buckeroo bred horses.. I didn't go searching for the Buckeroo in the paper, just so happened that the horses I fell in love with for conformation/attitude etc. had Buckeroo..

Our new herdsire is a great-great grandson on sire's side:

DSC_0287.jpg

Our junior herdsire is a grandson on sire's side:

Royal4-1.png

Then a couple of our mares are related to Buckeroo through Gold Melody Boy

I just bought my 1st Buckeroo daughter Little kings Hot Buckin Baby. I also have a granddaughter and son and 1 great grand son and daughter. I love my Buckeroos and cant wait to add to my collection
default_yes.gif

Beautiful horses everyone - and lots of names we recognize too of course.

We have built our breeding program primarily around Buckeroo although we have L&D Scout, Blue Boy, Billy Idol and some others we're crossing to.

Of the 56 horses in our program, we currently we have 3 Sons, 2 Daughters and more than a dozen grandchildren of Buckeroo - and most are double buckeroo also. I have not counted them recently - probably closer to 2 dozen grandget.

A little further down the line we also have a daughter of Double Destiny, a son of BTU, a grandson of Double Destiny, two Woody granddaughters, and a few others I can't name off the top of my head.

This spring we're also expecting quite a few Buckeroo grandget foals to hit the ground.

We're doing our best to represent Buckeroo on the East Coast!

Last edited by a moderator:
And OH-BOY do you have some beautiful Buckeroos in your herd White Tail Farm!!!

I love your palomino son and that blue roan 09 colt!!!
default_wub.png

Yes I love me some Buckeroo breeding and have owned several of his lines over the years. I am very fond of the Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too line, you just cannot beat their presence and "look at me" attitude. They all have that same "look" in their eye...

My BTU / Buck Echo G-son, Flyte

FlySitenewss.jpg

Then I have a few broodmares and a few colts with Buckeroo breeding as well.

I too got to play Let's Make a Deal and added a Buckeroo son to my herd. Thanks LKF!

Little Kings Buckeroo Enterprise

Novpics164.jpg

my stalllion is a buckeroo grandson by little kings buckwheat AND on the other side he is a grrandson of komokos little king supreme.

one of the things i like best is his incredible laid back personality and willingness..just a happy guy!

his picture is in my avatar... all 31.75 inches of him

You will love your little guy! if you have any questions about the "Buckaroo" lines please do not hesitate to contact LITTLE KING FARM. They are very gracious people and I'm sure would not mind telling you all about him( he will be 32 years old this year!) and answer any questions you might have. They also have events throughout the year that you can check out and attend and tour their farm and see BUCKAROO. Check out their website www.littlekingfarm.com - Flyin w farms have a lot of good horses also!

I too got to play Let's Make a Deal and added a Buckeroo son to my herd. Thanks LKF!
Little Kings Buckeroo Enterprise

Novpics164.jpg
Oh how lucky you are - I contacted Robin probably 10 minutes after you "bought" him. He's beautiful! Good Luck with him!

When I adopted my little colt I never know anything about mini lines but it seems that alot of you have minis with buckeroo in the lines. Coco Puff has Boones Little Buckeroos Charmer as his sire and Flying W farms Poetry in Motion as his dam. Is that good??
I have two mares out of buckeroo breeding bred to Buckeroo Junior and due in March. Can't wait!

Latest posts

Back