Who owns a Buckeroo mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy appy

Reaction score
When I adopted my little colt I never know anything about mini lines but it seems that alot of you have minis with buckeroo in the lines. Coco Puff has Boones Little Buckeroos Charmer as his sire and Flying W farms Poetry in Motion as his dam. Is that good??

I have a granddaughter of Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too. Her name is Last Chance Justa Lil Wisp Too.

We have lots of Buckeroo horses in our herd. There are some very nice horses in that line
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

You would probably actually need to ask "Who doesnt own a Buckeroo mini?" LOL. He has been, and still is, such a huge influence on the breed, I'd say more Mini people probably have him in their herd than dont. I have a Buckeroo son, two other stallions that go to Buckeroo, and a filly that is a Buckeroo granddaughter that also goes to Buckeroo on her dam's side.
default_wub.png
Oh, forgot I just got another filly that goes to Buckeroo....Yep loves those Buckeroos!!

My mini's great grand sire is Boones little Buckeroo.

Her name is Ten Ls Splendors Elegant Angel.

Click pictures to enlarge

I have a fantastic great grandson. Sky Eye Espresso Elite aka Elliot. Hes cute as a button and a fantastic trotter!

DSC02220.jpg

DSC01855.jpg

default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

I HAVE A BUCKAROO GRANDSON, VELVET FARMS 3 TIMES A BUCK. SOLID BLACK AND A REAL CHARMER. HE LIVES UP TO HIS CALL NAME "TROUBLE" IN A GOOD WAY. WOULD NOT PART WITH HIM,LOVE HIM SO MUCH.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

I have several horses with Boones Little Buckeroo in their pedigree some where.

Let's see, off the top of my head, I have 3 Buckeroo grand-get, Little Kings Junior Jinx, Little Kings Heir To Glory, and jms Irish Hills Big City Promises. I have 1 Buckeroo great-grand-get, Irish Hills Way Cool Junior, oh make that two, Irish Hills The Confessor, he actually has 3 crosses back to Buckeroo. Oh make that 3 great-great sons - Little Kings B T Buck Bandito, a IMA Boones Little Buckeroo Too (BTU) son. So, yeah, lots of Buckeroo here.
default_laugh.png

Buckeroo lines: I have...

Westwinds Bay Lady of BuckOff g-daughter

Zephyr Woods Little Prancer g-daughter w/2 crosses

Silver Maples Zahara Supreme gg-daughter w/2 crosses

Never ever wanted this line cause of it being so popular & in just about every herd, BUT once I got one, I fell in love & am very honored to now have 3 to cross with my King Supreme son for outstanding foals!
default_wub.png

We have quite a few Buckeroo bred horses as well.

COH Echo Express-LK Buck Echo Son

Arions Destinys Magic Trick-Alvadars Double Destiny Son

One colt by Magic Trick so far that we will be keeping

We have quite a few foals from our Echo son and will be keeping one stallion and the two fillies.

Fallen Ash Scouts Blackeyed Susan-Buckeroo and L&D Scout granddaughter (one of my fave Buckeroo crosses!)

Maple Hollows Whos My Daddy-out of above mare

Shady Lane Bucks Lady Doll-28" perlino granddaughter of Buckeroo

Lakeviews Diamond Gal-red dun mare that goes back to Buckeroo, farther back though.

Woodland Acres Dixie Chick-goes back to Buck Echo

I love the buckeroo line, they are the horses that generally can excel in both halter and driving. They are conformationally correct and still have outstanding movement and presence!

When I adopted my little colt I never know anything about mini lines but it seems that alot of you have minis with buckeroo in the lines. Coco Puff has Boones Little Buckeroos Charmer as his sire and Flying W farms Poetry in Motion as his dam. Is that good??
Yes, Boones Little Buckeroo Charmer has his Hall Of Fame in Country Pleasure Driving & has multiple National Top Tens to his credit & also is a National Reserve Champion with AMHR. He is a gorgeous Blue roan stallion . If you go to our website www.murraysminis.com & click on stallions & then Boones Little Buckeroo Charmer you will see a picture of him.

FWF Poetry in Motion was a gorgeous black mare -- produced lovely babies- we sold her (sad story behind her history) and she is now down in Nova Scotia the last time I heard.

If you would like to send me a private email, I can tell you about Cocoa Puff as well.

My email addy is [email protected]

Edited to add -

We have several daughters of Charmer & just bought another heavily Buckeroo bred small black stallion

Oatmeal Acres 2 Mini Bucks Blue By U -- also a 2009 National Top Ten stallion - he is about 29" so will be used to cross on Charmer's small daughters.

Buckeroo & Blue Boy was what we started our breeding program with.

We have since added ASPC/AMHR stallions & mares so now have both an "A" & 'B" breeding program.

In our B program we have both Arenosa and Seth Thomas blood lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes my girls have in their bloodlines:

On the Dams side : (Grand-sire: Little Kings Buck U Too) , (Great Grand-sire: Ima Boone's Little Buckeroo Too) & (Buckeroos Top Cat) & on the Sire's side, ( Rowdy and Night Rider )

I also on my web site have full pedigree of my horses, which people can look at.

http://www.freewebs.com/kavelbel/ go to the pedigree page

I believe the sire is from the Murray's who owns

Charmer (Boones Little Buckeroos Charmer)

I have a BTU Granddaughter. I am deciding I do not really like her. She has wonderful confirmation but she tends to be a flying witch. She also has the attention span of a 3 year old in a candy or toy store and just about as bad of manors. She is my best bred mare and my worst manored horse. My stud has better manors than she does.

We have 3 stallions with Buckeroo either top or bottom and 3 mares one heavy on the top and bottom. Plus we have one more mature mare to come early spring another White Russian daughter..
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
Come on spring

Like most others, I also have a majority of Buckeroo in my little herd, ranging from very close to pretty far back. I like many other bloodlines as well and will be crossing the Buckeroo horses with others.

Belle, a Buckeroo daughter

Sparkle, a Buckeroo granddaughter

Trouble, a BOB daughter

Sparrow, a BTU grandson

Masq, a Top Cat great-grandson

Looking forward to pics of your little guy! I'll have to look around and see if you already posted him somewhere
default_smile.png

As has been stated prior......."Who DOESN'T have a Buckeroo???"
default_biggrin.png

One of our MINI stallions is Alamos Locomotions Bay Escapade......grandson of Buckeroo.

Dare I admit this on a public forum? ummm...... As much as we admired Buckeroo, we did NOT look at Escapade because of his being a grandson. Instead, we fell in love with LOCOMOTION, for both his conformation AND HIS FLOATING TROT..........Escapade inherited that trot -- which earned him a Reserve Grand Championship in AMHA National Performance Futurity, plus 2 Top Ten Driving awards that same year. (1998)

Personally, I enjoy seeing how the Buckeroo line crosses with other bloodlines that I admire.
default_wink.png

Our AMHA 2009 World Grand Champion Senior Stallion is a Buckeroo Grandson.

Our AMHR 2008 Grand Champion Color Stallion is a Buckeroo Grandson

So yes, we LOVE Buckeroo! If you ever get a chance, take a trip to Little King Farm and meet him in person. It's amazing.

I love my Buckeroo grand-get.

My new herd stallion is double-bred with Buckeroo on the top and BTU on the bottom. He has the best personality and is a real sweetheart. I am having him trained to drive and he seems to be loving it. His first two babies will be on the ground this spring. I am anxious to see what he can produce for me.

BoogieRD.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Triple K's Heza a BTU Impulse[/SIZE]

I also have a beautiful buckskin filly whose dam is double-bred buckeroo. She is also being trained to drive and has wonderful movement.

PleasantDream02.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Triple K's Destiny's Pleasant Dream[/SIZE]

Great personalities, nice conformation, animated movement......I love my Buckeroo descendents.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back