Who made your easy entry cart?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Magic

Reaction score
Last year I purchased a cart on line. I read about how someone loved it. I got the same cart on a recoomendation from someone here and from the moment it arrived I hated it. First, there were no instructions included with the cart... (I had to ask a neighbor how to assemble it). Then we got it put together and we had extra parts left over... (not a good sign). It made alot of noise. (that was good training for the horse and cars don[t scare him because he's used to noise.) Parts kept comming loose because I have carpel tunnel and not alot of hand strenght.... had to get the neighbor again to fix it. A year later I take it on a trail ride. The tread fell off... and no attempts of mine did any good at getting the tire replaced. None.. Zippo... Zilch... Then I found a company that sold tires for carts and got one. I was so hapy.. until I put the tire on. I didn't mention the old tire was four inches wide and the new tire was five inches wide. In order to get the tire put on, I had to break the weld... (which we did).. so now the cart has one wide tire and one thinner tire. Need I mention the balance is now off on this thing, so gotta buy another new tire... more money.

I got so discusted with this mess, that I went and purchased a second cart. It's metal... so nothing to rattle loose... but it has balloon type tires. Well, out on the trail.. a sand spur flattened the tire. Magic ended up towing two carts, one adult, two children and ponying the second mini for six miles.. (can we say.. GOOD HORSIE?)

So.. discusted... I am buying two new carts... that have interchangeable parts, plus getting a hitch kit, so the one cart can convert to something to be towed.. so we'll have a two axel vehicle when needed.

Well, I'm so impressed with what I'm hearing I'm ready to get involved with a franchaise for this type of cart, but before I get into the cart biz.. I thought I'd ask your fav things about your carts and what is the biggest pain in the neck about the cart. I'm not talking show carts yet.. just easy entry and trail carts.

Thanks for letting me gripe... God Bless... and thanks for filling me in... TIA

Lynn W

Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure the shafts are the same on both sides. Mine is not and green horses hate it!! One bends in farther on one side and rubs the horses.

that is the only thing I have found so far.

Shelley<><

We have two easy entry carts and our best by far is made by Alpine. Bought it from Double Diamond 2 years ago. It has a wide wheel base and it feels like you are on the living room couch when driving. I would highly recommend this cart to anyone.

Gary

My husband makes carts, they have road tires not bicycle tires. Many people think they are to heavy until they actually pick up the shafts and are surprised at how light they are. You can see a photo on my website at http://www.spharabians.piczo.com in For Sale section.

Latest posts

Back