Who has the best fitting nylon halters?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauralee

Reaction score
I need to buy a few halters....my favorite vendor went out of business.....wah

I'd like to buy a well fitted adult miniature horse halter that does not have too much bulk. I don't care for the adjustable noseband or snap at the throatlatch. I just want a plain simple nylon halter that FITS. I'd even prefer 2 ply nylon if I can get it, instead of 3 ply. I think that the Hamilton halters are too thick and bulky....so not crazy about them.

Who sells the best fitting halters???

JMO, Star Lake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I hate to see Minis with a ton of bulk to their halter.

I have bought from Star Lake for several years and have been more than pleased, so for me, no reason to go any place else.

I have never had any problems with any that I have purchased from them, very sturdy, washed time and time again with no problems.

Dont know if he still makes them or not but what about B & W's Miniatures.

I like the ones I got from Sugar Rock great! And you cannot beat the price -- however, I do not know if they still make them?

Recently on the sales board, I saw someone is selling nylon halters that look very similar to the Sugar Rock ones, but I do not remember who the vendor is.

(yes, I am just a wealth of information...)

Hi,

I have use the ones from Griffinbrook.com They are very soft, but adjustable, however they are light weight not heavy or wide. I've searched for something like that and I think I found it. :aktion033:

Please see the nylon halters that we have to offer. High quality Amish made nylon halters. We have had nothing but rave reviews about quality. www.kayjayfarm.com.

Please see the nylon halters that we have to offer. High quality Amish made nylon halters. We have had nothing but rave reviews about quality. www.kayjayfarm.com.
You're the ones I remembered seeing and thought looked a lot like the ones I have and love from Sugar Rock! I see you even sell colored beta biothane halters and leads very reasonably! Those look neat!

You're the ones I remembered seeing and thought looked a lot like the ones I have and love from Sugar Rock! I see you even sell colored beta biothane halters and leads very reasonably! Those look neat!

Our halters are made by the same Amish family as those that Sugar Rock sells.
default_yes.gif
:

ME !

Mine are not thick and bulky, fit right and priced right.

Vote for me.

Miniature Horse Emporium

www.BraveLittlePrancers.com

I really like the ones KayJay Farm sells. I've gotten the fully adjustable ones, but they also sell the basic ones. I've placed 2 orders with them so far and will go back for more when needed. Great customer service too and the halters get here quickly. Their site is: KayJay Farm

I like the ones I got from Sugar Rock great! And you cannot beat the price -- however, I do not know if they still make them?

Recently on the sales board, I saw someone is selling nylon halters that look very similar to the Sugar Rock ones, but I do not remember who the vendor is.

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing Jill I remember seeing them and thinking oh those look nice but.. that is about all I can remember
default_wacko.png
:

Lauralee I just went to that Kayjay site and they are 2 ply for 5 bucks.. not bad

Last edited:
Laura,

It sounds to me like you like the same things in a halter that I like. Nothing fancy, light weight, no adjustable throatlatch, no snaps or unnecessary things - just plain and simple!!

I have ordered a lot from SugarRock and I really like them - they are so reasonable, fast service, a large variety of colors and also a good fit.

Marnie and I always go together and order a bunch to save on shipping - he has the fancy halters, also, but we order the simple ones with the matching lead.

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing Jill I remember seeing them and thinking oh those look nice but.. that is about all I can remember
default_wacko.png
:

Lauralee I just went to that Kayjay site and they are 2 ply for 5 bucks.. not bad
I have an order in to Sugar Rock, right now, they should arrive any day now (ordered a couple extras for myself and new ones for a friend, can't find anything to fit a mini properly locally). I bought some a couple months ago and they fit so nice and aren't bulky. I really like a basic nylon halter for these little guys. I just buy the halter as I like a round cotton lead, over a flat nylon lead. Although I"m putting up tie rings in my barn, so I may get a couple of the flat leads (or cross-tie type things) for the tie rings.\

I've gotten most of mine from Marty and you can't ask for better service, wonderful people to do business with.

Leslie

:aktion033: I get all mine from SugarRock and I always have him put extra holes in for me.

:aktion033: :aktion033:

Marty! Prompt answer & Good service = happy costumer.

In two days the halter were here in TX.

Anita

Latest posts

Back