Which kind of trailer do you prefer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appypintolady

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a trailer for my mini's,not for showing just to have one in case I might need it.

What do most of you prefer, a miniature horse trailer or a full size horse trailer? Does anyone use a Brenderup Trailer?

I can tell you this little mini trailer that we just bought pulls very nicely. And being someone who doesn't trailer alot, it's a heck of alot less intimidating for me to hook up, and trailer alone with it. Dave and I both can stand straight up in it comfortably.

Yes, I saw your trailer on your other post, it is very nice. Can I ask you where you purchased it?

I responded with some info on the other post. I think if you can find one in your area, or order one, you would really like it.

One thing I like a lot about our miniature bumper pull trailer is that I can even tow it with a mid-sized (or probably even small) SUV! I use the truck to tow it but could use a much smaller vehicle. The thing I do not like about it is it's a pain in the butt to back up and turn since it turns so sharp. It is 5' tall, 5' wide, and 8' long.

We ordered a new gooseneck trailer that is 6' tall, 6' wide and 14' long. I think this one will be easier to back up and turn, but of course, it cannot be towed by an SUV being a gooseneck.

I'm thinking it will be handy to have both. I have considered selling my miniature bumper pull and buying a full sized stock trailer at some point (since I do have big horses, but I don't really "do" much with them), but for now, I like this little mini trailer very well.

we just bought a mini bumper pull by calico. we love it!!! it hauls 7 horses and is so easy to pull. i used ot have a big 2 horse bumper pull and i cannot believe how much gas it took to haul that trailer. plus there is so much wasted overhead room that makes it use more gas to pull.

I have a mini bumper pull trailer by Calico also - mine is a slant 4 and will carry five with dividers in. I love it - had never pulled a trailer before and can get around pretty good with it. Since I got my Toyota Tundra it's easy to forget it's behind the truck.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back