Which horse impressed you the most at Nationals?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaddax3

Reaction score
M.D. Dynamo, who was shown by owners Roelene and Ben Lundy as well as youths Randee Prindle and Brad Lindersmith. This high-stepping, long-striding B horse won five driving classes, including both the Open Pleasure and Roadster Stakes classes. He finished with national or reserve national titles in eight of the 13 classes in which he was entered, and never finished lower than fourth. Here's a rundown of what he did:

1 821 Benjamin Lundy 69 Youth Pleasure Driving, 13-17, Over (1408) RANDEE PRINDLE

1 821 Benjamin Lundy 71 Youth Roadster, 13-17, Over (1424) BRAD LINDERSMITH

3 821 Benjamin Lundy 90 Amateur Ladies Pleasure Driving, Over ROELENE LUNDY

4 821 Benjamin Lundy 102 Amateur Gentlemen Pl. Driving, Over (1409) Benjamin Lundy

2 821 Benjamin Lundy 104 Amateur Roadster, Over (1425) ROELENE LUNDY

4 821 Benjamin Lundy 174 Open Pleasure Driving, Over 34- 36" (1407) Benjamin Lundy

1 821 Benjamin Lundy 180 Open Roadster, Over ( 1411) ROELENE LUNDY

3 821 Benjamin Lundy 229 Ladies Pleasure Driving, Over (1419) ROELENE LUNDY

2 821 Benjamin Lundy 230 Gentlemen Pl. Driving, Over ( 1420) Benjamin Lundy

3 821 Benjamin Lundy 234 Pleasure Drivng Geldings, Over (1422) Benjamin Lundy

2 821 Benjamin Lundy 272 Ladies Roadster, Over (1426) Benjamin Lundy

1 821 Benjamin Lundy 288 Roadster Stake, Over 34-38" (1421) ROELENE LUNDY

1 821 Benjamin Lundy 294 Pleasure Driving Stake, Over 34-36" (1410) Benjamin Lundy

Now, who did you like best of all?

Well for me personally it was Rhapsody's Quest for Gold.

He won his 2 year old over gelding class(bigger size) then won Jr. Champion, then won Reserve Grand Champion.

What I wouldnt give to have that horse.

Hiya Yaddax3 :saludando:

I wasn't at nationals but tried to keep up with online results. For me I was a fan of D.M. Dirty Dancer since seeing her show this summer. She has IT......beautiful mare that floats....a joy to watch drive or do a halter class and the prettiest bay color to top it off. I could watch that mare show all day!

I won't steal anyone's thunder and let the owner share results. CONGRATS Dancer on a Nationals that made me smile all the way from Iowa.....your a hecka mare.
default_wub.png
: BTW....on a post right here on lil beginnings August 22, 2006 I CALLED Dancer would be up there for a national pick......CAN I pick um or what?
default_wink.png
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_thumbup.gif
:

Russ is right. Dancer had a great show.

Here's her results:

5 823 Donald Maas 50 Youth 13-17, Halter Sr. Mare, Over (1228) RANDEE PRINDLE

1 823 Donald Maas 64 Youth Co. Pleasure Driving, 13 -17 Over (1404) BRAD LINDERSMITH

1 823 Donald Maas 89 Amateur Gentlemen Country Pl. Drivng, Over -1403 Donald Maas

6 823 Donald Maas 104 Amateur Roadster, Over (1425) RUSS MAAS

6 823 Donald Maas 176 Open Country Pleasure Driving, 36 - 38 (1401) RUSS MAAS

8 823 Donald Maas 213 Solid Color Mare, Over (1240) RAVEN WEINSTEIN

6 823 Donald Maas 228 Gentlemen Co. Pl. Driving, Over ( 1406) RUSS MAAS

1 823 Donald Maas 268 Ladies Country Pleasure Driving, Over(1405) ROELENE LUNDY

1 823 Donald Maas 275 Golden Aged Co. Pl. Driving, Over ( 1436) BRAD LINDERSMITH

3 823 Donald Maas 293 Country Pleasure Driving Stake,Over 36-38" (1402) BRAD LINDERSMITH

I agree, Dynamo was awesome and at his best this year at nationals. There were a couple of others too that stood out to me partly because they were horses that did really well last year and many owners would have "retired" them instead of bringing them back and proving themselves again under totally different nationals judges.

Rhapsody's Reign Man, co-owned by Renee Bush and Linda and Shari Seddon. He was Supreme Futurity Champion last year at Nationals so bringing him back again took a lot of courage and he was chosen Supreme Futurity Halter Horse again this year!! Renee Bush is his trainer and she did an incredible job.

D.M. Starbucks Sonny owned by Don Maas won 5 national championships last year and returned this year and did great again (the drivers names are not quite right, I know for sure Roelene Lundy won with him in Ladies Roadster).......Roelene, by the way, mostly only drives at nationals and she was winning national titles left and right entering classes with her son Ben Lundy's horses and Don and Russ Maas' horses - she is a great driver.....

3 824 Donald Maas 67 Youth Pleasure Driving, 13-17, Under (1308) BRAD LINDERSMITH

1 824 Donald Maas 70 Youth Roadster, 13-17, Under (1322) BRAD LINDERSMITH

1 824 Donald Maas 101 Amateur Roadster, Under (1323) Donald Maas

2 824 Donald Maas 177 Open Roadster, Under (1311) Donald Maas

7 824 Donald Maas 225 Golden Age Pleasure Driving, Under (1321) BRAD LINDERSMITH

1 824 Donald Maas 274 Ladies Roadster, Under (1324) BRAD LINDERSMITH

2 824 Donald Maas 297 Roadster Stake, 34" & Under ( 1312) BRAD LINDERSMITH

There were so many other incredible horses, but these two came to mind when I read your post....

I was most impressed with Stacy Scores stallion from Mountain Meadow's, Mountain Meadows Special Express "Prince". Lee Crutchfield showed this amazing stallion and went overall National Grand Champion stallion, under. He is truely one amazing stallion. He is absolutely beautiful. This is the horse i was most impressed with at the WHOLE show. Aubrey

I was most impressed with Stacy Scores stallion from Mountain Meadow's, Mountain Meadows Special Express "Prince". Lee Crutchfield showed this amazing stallion and went overall National Grand Champion stallion, under. He is truely one amazing stallion. He is absolutely beautiful. This is the horse i was most impressed with at the WHOLE show. Aubrey
ME TOO, ME TOO, ME TOO!!! This stallion is incredible and I've already lined up several mares to breed to him - can't wait!!!

Rolling Ridge Rum Runner, from right here in NH.

He went into a HUGE amateur ladies under country pleasure class (72 entries) and WON. I am hoping in the future to get a baby from him
default_smile.png

I was also most impressed by Rum Runner and Linda Best what a huge class and Linda and Fred brought tears to my eyes!

They are a true case of two energies becoming one,they just flow together as one beautiful sight to see!

Linda my friend you are one beautiful person and I am so happy for you.

Linda also has beautiful wonderful children the kind we all hope we turn out!

They didn't do to darn bad themselves!!!

I know this is about horses who impressed us,BUT I just have to talk about the Sansvere family,Like Lindas family they IMPRESSED the hey out of me !

What a wonderful wonderful addition to any show. Bobs energy is wonderful and contagious (almost had me talked into driving in the golden age class!) and to see the little ones out there showing their little hearts out and leaving with a ribbon and a huge smile,well I wish everyone here could have seen it it would make you go ohhh ahh....... Sawyer driving that horse was so cute and in another year or 2 he will be someone I would not want to have to compete against!!!
default_wub.png
: !

Mary looks like a model and is one of the most unassuming beautiful people I have ever met with a heart of gold.

This family is doing everything right, if they win they win if they don't they don't!!! They really put the welfare of their children and horses first.

And Bob can really cover those jump courses!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

This is what Nationals should be about.

I will carry those scenes in my heart and go back to them during the long cold darned winter!!!!

Bon

I forgot to add as I just checked the results site,

Rum Runner also won his open cp driving class (56) and the open driving stake (22?) !!!!!!

Fred is awesome and I couldn't be happier for Linda and the girls! For under halter there is nothing that is going to top Mountain Meadows Special Express! Just standing there in the warm up area he was breath taking! Lonnie and Denise's over gelding was pretty awesome too. :aktion033:

For me, it was my friend Steph's colt, NHF Sizzles Black Raven.

He won the youth class with Corey Hatfield.

He got 7th in his Ammy class.

and Reserve Champ for his OPEN class!

I was fortunate to be his groom :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:

Way to go Steph....I love that little horse.

-Kris

I agree that Rolling Ridge Rum Runner is a great horse, my son's horse DM Black Cadillac was Reserve to him in Open Country & Country Driving Stakes - you don't mind getting beat by a great one.

Thank You to those who enjoyed watching M-D Dynamo, he is an awesome horse to drive. I was also fortunate enough to drive DM Starbuck Sonny in Ladies Roadster under, and also DM Dirty Dancer in Ladies Country over. Thank You to Sanny about my driving ability - Great horses can make anyone look like a good driver.

We agree with Bonnie about the Sansevere family - we have enjoyed showing with them at several shows this year. Bob and Mary are great parents and make showing a family event.

Ok ok NO FAIR....owners, could you PLEASE post pictures of these horses? Some of us couldn't go and would love to see these pretty guys!! Not fair to see all their results with no horse to drool over!

:bgrin Thank you!
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks to all who have been so generous with their comments about Prince. I have been very fortunate.

I will miss Prince so much this comming year while he is standing at stud on the east coast - I pretty much cried my eyes out all the way thru OK and up thru Kansas before I needed to get it together and hold on tight since we were in the middle of TORNADOES ! ! ! Yikes what a scare that was, and with the Kansas state fair going on finding hotel rooms was a real challenge!

We are home, Prince's stall looks weird without him in it but I know that Lee, Kirby, "the Josh's", Heather & Shannon will take good care of him and Jameela for me (but I will probably need to come and visit from time to time!)

Thanks again,

Stacy

Hiya Yaddax3 :saludando:

I wasn't at nationals but tried to keep up with online results. For me I was a fan of D.M. Dirty Dancer since seeing her show this summer. She has IT......beautiful mare that floats....a joy to watch drive or do a halter class and the prettiest bay color to top it off. I could watch that mare show all day!

I won't steal anyone's thunder and let the owner share results. CONGRATS Dancer on a Nationals that made me smile all the way from Iowa.....your a hecka mare.
default_wub.png
: BTW....on a post right here on lil beginnings August 22, 2006 I CALLED Dancer would be up there for a national pick......CAN I pick um or what?
default_wink.png
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_thumbup.gif
:
Thanks Russ... I to was more then impressed with her and it is so amazing to think that she is mine I am still in shock. She was wonderful to watch in the ring

there were so many wonderful horses I cant pick just one. the grand champion mares and stallions were all amazing and righfully earned there awards. The compitition was TOUGH this year way more so then in years past IMO.

I think lots of thought will go into breeding programs wellI can say that will happen here with my own and changes needed for sure!

Though M.D. Dynamo impressed me most at this year's Nationals, Dancer was right up there, along with Starbuck Sonny, who is one of the finest Roadster horses you'll ever see.

wanted to thank everyone for the comments on rhapsodys quest for gold,,,,,we have to thank rhapsody farm and renee bush for helping us to get him,,,,,denise and lonnie java script:emoticon(':saludando:',%20'smid_10')

wanted to thank everyone for the comments on rhapsodys quest for gold,,,,,we have to thank rhapsody farm and renee bush for helping us to get him,,,,,denise and lonnie java script:emoticon(':saludando:',%20'smid_10')

This comment isn't about a horse but would like to say it here.....I like to also say the Sansevere Family is the BEST! They were awesome before we met offically.....and I'm even more impressed now. Good people with kind hearts who know family/friends/happiness/respectfulness is what life is all about and TRULY CARE about people and animals......good job Mary/Bob and family!
default_smile.png

CONGRATS again to D.M Dirty Dancer and her new owner Lisa
default_thumbup.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for your kind comments about Rum Runner aka Fred. He is truly a special horse with a very twisted sense of humor, guess thats why we get along so well. I was really surprised [and VERY pleased] to win the ladies amateur cp class this year. I am so proud of him. He is so consistent and balanced and such a ham. It was great to see everyone and to meet Bob and Mary Sansevere. They are so nice. Of course I had to make a promise to Fred if he won the class so now I have to find him a girlfriend. No problem there as I planned on breeding Reckless again next year. Next year my gray mare Becky [Rolling Ridge Ravishing Rebekah] will be back on the show string. Fred will be shown until he lets me know he doesn't like it anymore. Linda B

Back