Which horse impressed you the most at Nationals?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be remiss if I didn't also mention how impressive Rum Runner was. That horse can move. And that Linda Best can drive. She and Roelene Lundy were two of the finest drivers at Nationals.

Even though he is my trainers horse, I still have to say it would of been, Double B Farms Echos Wind Flight. (Ace)

He is a gorgeous buckskin gelding.

He placed top 10 in two halter classes with youth, was National Champion Showmanship with a youth.

THEN, in open classes he was again top 10 in a few halter classes, top 10 in color,

AND National Champion in 2 different driving classes, including a futurity class. And 3rd in Liberty.

This horse can do it all. He loves to show and you can see it each time he enters the ring.

And he is just 3, he will only get better!!!!!!

Great show Brenda, Emily and Ace!

Hey Frankie was that the little buckskin that won the futurity class with the little girl????

Casue that was SO AMAZING and I am not sure she realizes the magnitude of what she did.

Sorry we didnt ge to talk much which was amazing really since we were neighbors but somehow the day just seems to fly by there

Well, I am going to toot my own whistle, but I was most impressed with my Over Pleasure Driving mare VGs Little Liberty Beth, she was flawless and I feel she got cheated in her classes. I sure wish the people that drive Country would keep their horses in Country. If you dont know what your horse is driving, ask a proffessional! You would not believe the horses that were in the wrong classes. Beth was a Champion in my heart and I know allot of people that saw her drive thought she should have been int he spotlight to, what a shame! Richard and Gayle Ray of Silver Meadows Training Center did a wonderful job with her and to you I say Thank You from the bottom of my heart. And to the ONE judge that knew what She was judging in Driving, Thank you for seeing Beth's action driving for what it truly was, Thank You!

I sure wish the people that drive Country would keep their horses in Country. If you dont know what your horse is driving, ask a proffessional!
On the flip side, some people wish those with Open Pleasure horses would keep their horses in Open Pleasure and not drop them into Country Pleasure.

Lisa,

yes that was Emily with Ace. She had such an awesome show, and you're right, she has no idea. So many people came over and congratulated her, I have never seen anyone's face stay so red for so long. But she was very polite and kind.

Also wanted to say, I was impressed with a TON of horses. In each class that I watched and I watched a lot,,,,,,,there were more than one horse in each class who could have won and more who could have been top 10 that weren't. Tough competition and high quality of entrys.

I don't know if any of you got to see the National Grand Champion Stallion' "Geshan", but this horse is show stopping. I have never seen a horses show like he did for John Stacy of Sunrise Show Horses.....There was no doubt in my mind who would be the Champion. Congrats to Jennifer Radoi of Sweet Opal and John Stacy on their fantastic win.

PS - I heard that Geshan is not going to be bred to outside mares ever but Jennifer has donated a breeding to him for next year to the Trainers Auction at the National Convention. I know I am going to breed on it!!!!!!

Cindy

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with others -- can we please see some photos of these terrific horses?

[SIZE=14pt]I think that Geshan was awsome as well. I didnt see too many performance classes but in halter I was very impressed and proud of Michigans Sharper Image owned by Eddie McCarthy. She is a full sister to my TV Image She was champion of champions in futurity, won the amateur halter mares and then was reserve grand champion in the open division. I was very proud of my friend Debbie Paul and her tiny 29 inch Mini Brooks James Bond and his Ammy National Champion Country pleasure win. There were 3 splits in his class and he was by far the littlest horse in there! Go Jimmy![/SIZE]

Lyn

Here is a picture of Ace.

He is 3, already HOF Halter!!! Had a great year in the show ring in driving this year, including 2 driving championships at Nationals.

This hores does it all, at Nationals, driving, halter, color, liberty, youth halter, youth showmanship. He placed in them all!

Ace_Championship.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow hes absolutley gorgeous, congratulations, you must be so proud
default_yes.gif
:

Congrats to all on a wonderful National show. I too thought that Lisa's new horse Dirty Dancer did an amazing job in the ring.

Thank you mininewbie, I think that GESHAN is pretty hot as well. John and Naomi Stacy did an amazing job showing him and my mare Pearl as well. Geshan was a perfect little angel and showed his heart out. :aktion033: He is not only the NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPION STALLION, but is the National Champion Amateur Stallion as well. This was huge for me!!!! Last year I went to nationals and when showing my own horses I did not place in one class. This year was unbeleivable, truly a dream! I placed in every class except for driving, and my horses did amazing in the open classes with John. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a freak over my horses, John is really just one of the best trainers I have ever worked with. I can not even say enough about him to give him enough credit. His wife Naomi is the sweetest thing ever and does an amazing job grooming the horses for John. They are a wonderful couple and deserved everything they won this year.

And congrats to Stacey Score on her win with Prince, he is probably my 2nd favorite stallion!
default_wub.png
:

And as mentioned at this time we do not have any intentions of standing Geesh, but we are donating a breeding to him at the Convention to be auctioned at the Trainers Auction, for those of you who don't know the money is divided 1/2 to the club that is putting on the convention and the other 1/2 goes to the youth program. The money for the youth program is used to purchase trophies and awards for the youth in both amhr/aspc. I think it is for a great cause and would hope that anyone interested in bidding on the breeding email me with any questions or concerns. Will do my best to answer them!

Again thanks to everyone who has helped me achieve the ultimate goal!

. His wife Naomi is the sweetest thing ever
and she really is not only nice and funny but really to darn cute as well . Of course she is cute enough I think she should be kicked in the shins :bgrin which of course those who know me know that is the ultimate compliment for those darn pretty girls
default_wink.png
:

there were so many nice horses there it is hard to focus on just one Even those that got the gate well most of them could have just as easily been top ten and those top tens were HARD TO COME BY this year.

Was a great show all the way around and everyone who got there ribbons and trophies sure worked for them!

I don't have any recent pictures of Rolling Ridge Rum Runner aka Fred but here are a few older ones.My Webpage
fredstakes.jpg
My Webpage
frednationals.jpg

My Webpage
fredhead1.jpg
I also have to admit Shadow [ERMF Special FX] really impressed me. I have not driven him in a pleasure class for over three years [we have only been doing roadster] and he pinned fourth in ladies pleasure. Not bad for a horse that had a bad allergic reaction a couple of days previously. Linda B

Latest posts

Back