Where to buy footman loops?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sungold

Reaction score
I would like to add footman loops (?) to one of my wooden show carts so I can use breeching with it, but I can't find any. Where can I order these from? Thanks!

Iowa Valley Carriage carries them, as does Carriage Driving Essentials in CA and Driving Essentials back east. You can also sometimes find them masquerading as drawer pulls in the local hardware store!

Watch the edges though, I notice the ones at Tractor Supply are a bit sharp on the corners and I'd worry that could mark or damage my harness strap over time. The ones from the carriage dealers have rounded edges where they screw down.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered mine from Jerald. If I recall correctly, they didn't call them that but as soon as I described what I wanted we were on the same page. We had to paint them black. Thought I had a picture somewhere on the computer but I can't find it.

I searched high and low and refused to pay $20 for them and could not find them at Tractor Supply...I guess because I was not goot at explaining what they were?
default_frusty.gif
Anyways I bought "U Bolts" and connectors that you screw on and then tap the entire thing into holes into the wood...sounded easy. Luckily the friend I had helping me had a drill press. It looks great and they are super sturdy...just wish I could have found them like I wanted because that was a lot of work to get them all lined up just so... I always have to do things the hard way
default_rolleyes.gif
I can get pics if you are interested...

Karen

Latest posts

Back