Where to buy a horse hauler?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingminihorses

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

So I'm looking at my options, I've bookmarked several sites that have the miniature horse trailers but I have only found one site that sells the 'miniature horse haulers'. Its: Horse Hauler

Does anyone else make these??

I have had a horse hauler for about 4 to 5 years now. I love mine it is great. He did a very good job on it.

I will say I live back east and it can get rather humid in the hauler if you get stuck in long traffic jams. So I got a Battery run fan and bungied it in the back window. It is alot kooler and most the horses love it. I have the fan facing outward and it sucks the air thru better.

Other wise I have had no problem with it an I have hauled so many horses in it I would guess probably at least 50 by now and most have been first time hauling horses and they got one an traveled GREAT.

I also do alot of driving but instead of putting my cart on top I get one of those cargo carriers that fit in the stinger hitch of your truck and hook it on back.

Barb

Here is a picture of one of my driving horses and mom standing next to the truck and hauler.

rapper4-330x240.jpg

Well her is my set up! 87 Chev 14ft Cube van Diesel. I designed what I wanted inside. Bunk is up top in the Air Dam, first 4ft is living quarters ( 2 way fridge,2 burner stove,table for two,furnance for those cool nights, and even a kitchen sink!), 2 stalls after divider wall which has a door to go into the horses, Roof Mounted A/C and Air Vents, 3000 watt on-board gen set, Awning for shade at shows, and can still get tack, carts all in back. The coral for that added touch ( which brings in nice comments at the shows) the people just love the set up! I have a monitor so I can watch the two boogers on camera as we travel!

CampoverPics019.jpg

camping over night!!!

CampoverPics018.jpg

must have shade

P0001740.jpg

We have one of Bob Kane's haulers and love it.

Here is a link to his site:

http://members.aol.com/moreminis/modb.htm

He can customize it for you to do everything up to shetlands in size. I love that I can see the horses through my truck window. And the windows are just like on a full size horse trailer. Nice not pulling a trailer too!

We have a four stall horse hauler.

That's amazing! It ceases to amaze me when people can think up things like this!

Well her is my set up! 87 Chev 14ft Cube van Diesel. I designed what I wanted inside. Bunk is up top in the Air Dam, first 4ft is living quarters ( 2 way fridge,2 burner stove,table for two,furnance for those cool nights, and even a kitchen sink!), 2 stalls after divider wall which has a door to go into the horses, Roof Mounted A/C and Air Vents, 3000 watt on-board gen set, Awning for shade at shows, and can still get tack, carts all in back. The coral for that added touch ( which brings in nice comments at the shows) the people just love the set up! I have a monitor so I can watch the two boogers on camera as we travel!
I love your set up. I have been looking at a box van for the longest time. The one I am looking at doesn't have the cab over, but, it has some large windows and rear double doors. I keep thinking it would be so perfect for the horses. I will just stick with my 2 horse TB height trailer for now.

I also do alot of driving but instead of putting my cart on top I get one of those cargo carriers that fit in the stinger hitch of your truck and hook it on back.
Barb, do you have any photos of the carrier? How difficult is it to get on and off so that you can get your horses out? I have been thinking about these horse haulers for quite a while now. The 4 horse seems to be a good option for someone like me, but I think I will have to wait until I can get a bigger truck. I have a 3/4 ton right now, and I think the hauler + 4 horses might be a bit much. I just love the idea of the hauler.

This is what we have.

hitch basket carrier

We put the 2 wheels in the basket and then put the shafts facing forward up over the back.

You have to put the horses in then put on the basket then then cart and hook it down. Then just do the reverse to unload. It takes alittle longer but with mom and I we are unable to host the cart up on top by our selfs.

Barb

PS you can get them at most auto parts places.

Thanks, Barb! That looks like a GREAT solution! :D

Latest posts

Back