Where to buy a good fitting harness?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nichcole

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding a bridle that fits and the blinkers are usually to low. Where do you guys get your harnesses at? Another question is what materials do you guys prefer? I've been told to stay with leather and don't buy anything else?

Gee, my leather pleasure harness came from Ozark Mountain mini's and it has been perfectly adjustable from my size B mini down to my A. I bought a heftyier betathane harness from the Carriage House http://www.thecarriagehouse.com/ for my size B and it is working out well and it allowed me to really scale down the leather harness to fit my small guy perfectly and do away with the extra lengths on straps.

In each case, fitting the bridle has been a cinch.

Thank you for the info on where you bought your harnesses. It has been major paing to kind one in my area :bgrin

Here is a link to Ozark Mtn: http://www.minitack.com/shop.htm I've bought some "not name brand" items- fly mask & blankets, from them and haven't been 100% pleased with the products so now I just by the name brand stuff from them. Excellent customer service, excellent.

We offer customized leather harnesses and bridles to your specifications at very affordable prices. Please see our website, www.kayjayfarm.com.

KAYJAY FARMSThank you , I was just on your site and I'm going to hope fully buy a cart from you soon. How much is the shipping ?

Last edited by a moderator:
KAYJAY FARMSThank you , I was just on your site and I'm going to hope fully buy a cart from you soon. How much is the shipping ?
Nichcole,

Thanks for looking! Cheapest shipping that we can find is $125 for a cart. Remember we offer LB 10% discount.

We are also in the process of adding bio and beta harnesses to our tack list.

I would highly recommend Carole McLeod as she will make your harness with bridle to your measurements.

Email her at:

[email protected]

and check out her tack Web Site at:

Http://carmacscreations.8m.net

tell her Joyce told you.

Joyce
default_yes.gif
:

tell me about it....
default_unsure.png
: i bought one , and when it arrived it didnt fit, but its a beautiful harness so im going to get it altered, im also going to go to ozark as they make them to fit any size, my boy only has a 39 girth and hes really fine so ill have o have one made, but its worth it,i cant wait till hes driving, but im going to take my time with him,
default_yes.gif
: good luck and let us know which one you got
default_smile.png

We can have any of harness made in any size (very small mini to large pony). Our harness maker does a great job but he usually takes 4-6 weeks on special orders. We stock A,B and pony so you dont have to wait on those. If you send us the measurements then we can see what he fits into, we also keep lots of parts around for different shapes and sizes.

If something does not fit we will work with you and make sure you get what you need. There is nothing worse than an ill fitting harness.

Thanks, Lisa

Ozark Mountain Minitack.com

minitack.com

We got our harnesses from Mini Express. Hopefully soon we'll get a Lutke harness, but the Mini Express harness fits well and breaks in easily. Plenty of adjustments to make it fit,etc. I've had my mares harness for 4 years and have used it to work her at home in and show her in and it still cleans up looking like new.

~Jen~

Latest posts

Back