where does the new guy go?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
I am leaning heavily on trading my mare for a very nice colt (soooo excited)...I have had youngsters before but they had each other..now they are pushing 2 years.. The mares all go together......where will I put this little guy if I get him?????Who will he run with????? How can I protect him when he is still so small? He was born in March this year. I do have a decent size run with open stall....maybe there? But such a drag being stuck all alone :0( although he can see and touch noses with all the others??? help?

I have had good luck running my new little ones with my mares. Their maternal instinct seems to kick in with the little newbees even if theiy are total strangers. You just have to be soooo careful introducing everybody. Do you have one horse out of the group that you could put in the seperate pen with the new guy? Linda

For starters, he should be by himself (unfortunately), just for health reasons.

Do you have a pen or paddock that runs along side either of your two groups? I would put him there initially (after quarrantine) and let everyone check eachother out.

MA

Latest posts

Back