Where do you sleep at shows?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we went to Nationals we stayed in a hotel and it was such a pain. Getting to and from and trying to be on time and trying to get everyone ready and not forget anything and then to top it off trying not to stress about the hroses being left at the grounds. oh man! :DOH!

Now we no longer show horses due to my health and we participate in another event which involves going to Nationals as well. The first year we went with the hotel thing and again, what pain! So, the following year I rented a travel trailer and had it delivered to the grounds and they set it up and everything and we just moved in when we arrived in town. now this was really something!! Fun fun and that is a serious understaement. Wow what a great time doing that. Now, tht was 2006. Inbetween then and Nationals 07, we started a business that revolves around our sport, and went from selling things from under an easy up awning to buying a 39 foot toy hauler with full living quarters and a 14 foot garage portion we use as our store. Ok, now there is no other way to go! We love it, it suits everyones needs including our five dogs that go with us, Labs no less. Always a place to crash when needed, easy set up for the store, fresh food instead of buying fast food or snacks all teh time. And we are right there on site at all times. It is so perfect.

My point is of course LQ is the way to go if you can do it. You can also have an RV rented and delivered to the grounds at the larger events. It runs about the same cost as a hotel but is so much more convienient and you save money on food and gas.

We sleep in our trailers LQ. Our daughter and her husband rent an extra stall and we are thinking about doing this at this years Nationals. I don't like being to far from my horses.

I just wanted to say I am glad to read this - I am new to showing - my first show is in a few weeks. EEK

and I thought I'd be the only one sleeping in the grooming stall at night on my air mattress...LOL

Latest posts

Back