Where do you get your Inner-tubes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cricket8

Reaction score
Gosh darnit! I go out today to a flat tire. Ugh! I am looking for a 20"x2.40" and I cannot find it anywhere. I see the universals but, I don't know how wide they get. I would love to pick it up in a store instead of ordering offline. I can go back to where I bought my cart but, the only thing I saw there were actual tires and rims. Thank you in advance.

If you are looking for an innertube and I remember right, that's a common size and Walmart should have them. I have innertubes in my tires just because they are cheaper to replace than the tire. Also Walmart sells "no flat" which is a tube that has the gel inside it to seal small leaks.

We looked all over at Walmart and all they had was to 2.25. Went to the Amish shop where I bought the cart and Yup they had them. I should have bought more. It was only $6.50. Thank you all. I wasn't sure if he was going to be open.

I SOOOO prefer giving business to local merchants than to Walmart -- it's much better for your local economy.

I couldn't agree more! And this guy really has great prices. I bought my EE cart (on purpose in the color pink because honestly it looks adorable behind her) from him because he was selling them brand new for $325 Very sturdy cart with mud flaps and reflectors. The only downside to it is that the seat isn't the best vinyl and will most likely need replaced. Thankfully I have someone who will do it for me. It looks like it had dry rotted from sitting when I pulled it out.

Since you are right at the source, you can also opt out for a solid rubber tire (and a heavier rim/spokes) from amish. Won't be quite as giving to ride in rough terrain, but will hold up better.

I've bought inner tubes at Wal-Mart, and various local shops. Depends who has what I need when I need it... I'm lucky to live w/i 50 miles any direction of MAJOR towns/cities - several with more than one bike shop. One time, I went to 4 different places (that was a day I drove more than 200 miles) - no one had the size I needed and when I finally found one and got it put on - it had a hole in it! I found that I don't like the green slime ones - but understand we do a LOT of "cross country" type driving, have cockle burrs that go thru even mountain bike tires and I weigh more than 250 - meaning a lot of weight on those little aired tires - especially when it bounces thru a rut or ditch or even over an ant pile!! My sulky jog cart is getting rebuilt in OH, and will be coming home with the solid tires - just plain tired of having to deal with the aired up tires...

My Forecart is on heavy duty vehicle tires (car?) that are 13" and WIDE. So far, haven't had any problems with them - even with treating it like a marathon and cross country vehicle - trotting and galloping and "jumping" it over limbs on the ground at public trail riding places. The wheels on our farm wagon are VW wheels and I think they are 14" but are much narrower than the 4x4 type on the forecart - LOL. Still nothing like the ones on the wire cart wheels.

I should look into getting the solid ones. I never even thought of it. Thanks! I need to go back up to the shop anyways.

Latest posts

Back