New to driving! Have A Few Questions!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VirginiaMiniLover

Reaction score
I recently purchased an easy entry cart and harness from a gentleman who was downsizing. Got my two minis in the deal as a package. The cart had a flat and I did some research and found the correct size tubes (16 x 2.5) at a local off road accessories store as dirt bike tire inner tubes for $9.95 each. My wheels have a little rust and a bent spoke and I have considered getting new wheels all together, but I can't seem to figure out where to get this type. They have a built in braking mechanism that works from the pedal on the floor of the cart. I will get pics of the wheels themselves today and post. Just seeing if you guys might know the wheel type or possibly recognize the cart manufacturer. I am pretty sure I have the harness hooked up correctly but any input is greatly appreciated as these are my first mini's and first driving experience since I was a kid.

IMG_20131021_170825_030.jpg

Your boys' are really cute! How are they driving for you? Do you have a driving club or other drivers near you?

I've seen similar carts by several different manufacturers now. Some are Amish/American made by one of several different "factions" and others are made in China.

I'm not sure on the harness hook up - it's a bit different than what I'm used to using/seeing (parts of the work style I currently use while also being similar to marathon type harness. Do you have other pictures?

Are there good places to drive near you? I wouldn't mind a road trip to go driving somewhere!! I could haul a trailer with up to 6 ponies in the front and a wagon for pairs in the back with the tongue for both my larger Shetlands and the mini Shetlands and maybe a cart in the back of the truck for a single... I haven't been to Richmond in a long time... (74-76) Maybe in the near future we could work something out?

I'd love to meet up with and share driving with a new driver!

Latest posts

Back