Where do you buy your meds?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy appy

Reaction score
I'm looking for places to order meds from and I was wonderingwhat you guys use so that I know I'm not going to get taken.

I buy them from my company I work for. I am a salesman for an Animal Health Distributor.

I'm not sure about Canada, but here in the US, I buy vet supplies from Valley Vet, Jeffers, Heartland Vet Supply, HorseWarehouse, etc. You can do an online search and come up with multiple vet supply companies. I like to compare prices before I buy.

Prescription meds, I buy from my local vet. [i'd need his prescription to order from one of the on-line companies, so I just buy direct from him.]

Everything else comes from Heartland Vet, HorseWarehouse and one other I really like (can't remember who, as I've used the other two most recently) for meds.

For needles, syringes and similar items I just shop around for the best price.

Many of my supplements come from either Smart-Pak or Horse.com depending on who has the best shipping.

I'm not sure about Canada, but here in the US, I buy vet supplies from Valley Vet, Jeffers, Heartland Vet Supply, HorseWarehouse, etc. You can do an online search and come up with multiple vet supply companies. I like to compare prices before I buy.

We do the same as Becky. We also have a very good relationship with two different vets in the area who supplies us with prescription drugs.

Speaking of meds, does anyone know a source for the triple antibiotic opthalmic ointment? that doesn't require a prescription? For many years it was available without prescript and now a script is required.

Charlotte

Speaking of meds, does anyone know a source for the triple antibiotic opthalmic ointment? that doesn't require a prescription? For many years it was available without prescript and now a script is required.

Charlotte
The price has gone up, but you can still get Terramycin ointment (not sure if that's what you are looking for). Its found in the pet section of KV Supply catalog, its the same product that used to be available in the equine section. Don't know what may have changed. Catalog does say call for availability.

American Livestock supply also has it, and they also say call for availability.

The Terramycin Ointment from Pfizer is still on backorder as of last week.

Latest posts

Back