Where do Ontario people find mini trailers?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse-Cow-Gal

Reaction score
I am trying to research miniature trailers in Ontario. I know Hawk makes a mini style trailer. I heard McBride does not do miniature trailers anymore..... so where do I look now?

Thanks so much!

Lisa

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Ontario, right along the (Minnesota) US border. I have bought one used Miniature Horse trailer, one new Miniature Horse trailer, and one used "Hauler by Bob"...I bought all of them from the US.

John built our small trailer. We used it for about 10 years or more -- now we have bought a used larger one. That little one of ours will hold 5 horses -- plus tack & feed in the nose-- also has a shelf along the side (inside) where we put the feed dishes, fork, shovel etc. We put our carts & chariot on the top of the trailer to go to the states shows & Nationals.

I love our small trailer-- it is so handy & easy to pull or back up etc. -- can also stand up & walk inside of it.

The new one will hold more horses or we can put a wagon inside as well if going to a parade etc. Now we carry the carts in the back section of the motorhome -- it opens from the back & is about 10 feet of storage so is really handy.

Lisa, just a comment/opinion about miniature trailers. I would wonder how re-saleable they are, especially in Ontario. If you were to purchase a full size horse trailer, you'd probably be able to sell it easier if you ever wanted to. Not to mention the convenience of being able to actually stand up inside it! :)

We converted an aluminum Jamco cargo trailer, pointed nose.

It's very nice and carries 5 minis in slant stalls.

New oak flooring covered with rubber mats, side windows and 3 roof vents, and the nose has room for your supplies.

The Jamco aluminum horse trailers were built in Brucefield, Ontario and they seem to still be doing that over there.

The fellow who did the reno on ours has his shop in Brucefiled too and used to work for Jamco.

Many on the forum would fault our trailer as it's single axle.

It has been a handy little trailer for us and we pull it with a Ford F150, with electric brakes to the trailer.

If you ever go to the Harriston sale you will see a big lot full of miniature horse trailers so if you see something you like the name is usually on the side and you can make some enquiries.

I know of a 5th wheel type trailer that will be for sale at end of summer as the people are selling out. I also know of another trailer near Kincardine that will be for sale later in the year, same story.

Lisa, just a comment/opinion about miniature trailers. I would wonder how re-saleable they are, especially in Ontario. If you were to purchase a full size horse trailer, you'd probably be able to sell it easier if you ever wanted to. Not to mention the convenience of being able to actually stand up inside it! :)
Most mini trailers that I've seen (that are nice) Sell FAST!!

I doubt you'll have a reselling issue if it is in good condition.
default_smile.png

Good Luck in your search - I'll keep an eye open for one for you...... Do you want a horse to come with it?
default_biggrin.png

I totally have thought about the little trailers opposed to big trailers. I would love something about 5'8 - 6 ft tall. Big enough for me to stand but small than my tall trailer. Just something alittle more fancy and tidy (if that makes sense). I am interested in hearing whats for sale out there so keep your ears and eyes open!

Lisa

A friend found mine on Kijiji, it has 3 stalls plus one compartment at the front which you can put one in but I think im using it for tack and such. Designed for minis. Great trailer, I just love how it is set up. Turned out to be exactly what I have been looking for!!

It needs some TLC but it will be a fun project.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back