Where can I get a wooden pack saddle?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Rule

Reaction score
I'm looking for good, old fashioned, pack saddles. Does anyone know where I can get them mini sized?

Kim R.

I'm thinking custom order. Have someone local make one, or talk to the packing companies and see if they'd make you one. Good luck! Let me know if you find one.

Leia

P.S.- Oh, hey, thought: Why not try the llama companies and mini mule organizations? They're much more likely to have that than any of the mini show tack people!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kim,

I just bought a brand new one at a fleamarket in AZ. I got it for $25! They had a LOT of them there but the rest were older and falling apart. I'd be happy to send you some photos of the one I got and dimensions. Someone that can work with wood could make you some. The guy I bought it from gave me his business card. You might try emailing him and see if he has anymore. [email protected]

Let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a place just up the road that makes packing gear that they ship all over the country -- they don't sell direct, only to distributors/tack shops. But might be interested in adding a line for smaller equine if enough interest. Here's their website: http://www.tuffenuff.org/

Kim...email me at [email protected]. I have some pics and info and a ladys name that made some specifically for minis. I'll send you the info.
default_yes.gif
:

This is our guy doing his thing!

We call it a klibber, and the willow baskets are Kishies, the traditional Shetland way of moving stuff about.

If you wanted to move boxes you sling them in a net, called a meshie, on the klibber.

norseman-kishies.jpg

Oy, Wally that's perfect!!! Where do I order such a thing?? Mona, I'll be sending you an e-mail in a minute, but I love the baskets! It's interesting that there is no crupper, or breeching to keep the baskets steady. Are they that well balanced?

Kim R.

err, no, the baskets are not that steady, they were put on in a rush, the Land Rover was stuck in the DEEP mud and the babies needed thier haylage.

Poor Norseman had his Klibber thrown on him in a rush without the crupper! It had been taken off to clean and put back on a saddle!

A guy down the road makes us the Kishies, but I find haynets are best for carrying hay and haylage.

Thanks for the post. I've been looking for one of these myself
default_yes.gif
: Mona, you may be getting a few emails from this!

Back