Where can i find the interlocking stall mats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Sorry for lack of a name, but the stall mats that fit together like a puzzle...like what you would put down in a tack stall at a show? Does anyone know were i can order those? They are multi color and fit together like a jigsaw puzzle....

Looked EVERYWHERE
default_wacko.png

Thank you!

TSC has stall mat kits, but they look to only come in black. They are in my TSC catalog item numbers: 10x10' kit 50-79143, and 12x12' kit 50-79135

I know I've seen them in another catalog somewhere, but don't know if I've seen colors.

Smart-Pak carries them, look to have 3 or 4 colors (just looking at the catalog) www.smartpakequine.com

You might try FarmTek too, I'm pretty sure I've seen mats in their catalog; don't have one available to look for sure.

I'm not sure but they are like the children's play mats and you can get them at like Walmart or any of the chain department stores.

Mine came from Sam's.

I love 'em.

Barbie

I have them in my tack room and got them at Sam's Club. They come in a pack of multicolor and the back of them is black. The ones at Lowe's are smaller squares. Just figure out your square footage and it will tell you on the package how many square feet are in the pack. Its easy.

Tackrooma.png

I just bought two packages of them last night at Wal-Mart. There are four squares in each one. I think they are probably 2' x 2' squares. They were in the toy department and are different colors. 20.00 dollars per package of 4.

Do you guys actually use these multi-colored interlocking foam squares as stall mats? Or, are you just looking for them to use in your tack room or in your grooming area? I would think that these mats would be too light and too easy to tear when actually used under hoof in a stall. I have heard of horses tearing and eating fiberglass insulation and I would think they might also attempt to tear these up and eat them or at least attempt to distroy them as a game. My husband bought a not so cheap set of these to use in the garage in front of his work bench where he stores all of his tools and they wouldn't hold up to heavy human foot traffic, much less hooves!

Do you guys actually use these multi-colored interlocking foam squares as stall mats? Or, are you just looking for them to use in your tack room or in your grooming area? I would think that these mats would be too light and too easy to tear when actually used under hoof in a stall. I have heard of horses tearing and eating fiberglass insulation and I would think they might also attempt to tear these up and eat them or at least attempt to distroy them as a game. My husband bought a not so cheap set of these to use in the garage in front of his work bench where he stores all of his tools and they wouldn't hold up to heavy human foot traffic, much less hooves!
Im planning to make a stop at walmart today to pick up a few. Many use them in tack stalls as they are easy to store and light weight.

Thank you !

I use them at shows in the aisle outside my stalls - easier on my horses' legs and keeps them from pawing the dirt, concrete, asphalt, etc in aisle. They are really useful here in Florida as the show facilities used most often have dirt / red clay for aisles - yuk!!

Barbie

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the mats can be torn by horses and pulled up...some of ours considered it a great game to pull them all up overnight at shows. You can run a strip of duct tape down the seam for horses that paw more. BUT, we used pelleted bedding with the mats our last 2 years at nationals and I don't think I'll ever use/buy shavings for shows again. We all know what happens overnight with a big water drinker...yuck! Pellets solved that problem, no more pee swamped stalls and it ends up being MUCH cheaper in the long run. We also used them in the grooming stall and in the aisles. I got mine at Lowe's and Sam's. I tried to just pick up a pack or two whenever I was in one of those stores, to lessen the "just before the show" sticker shock :) Between shows I'd wash them, let them dry and either stack them back in the nose of the trailer or stick them up in the barn rafters in stacks 10 or so deep....we were showing 12-20 horses at nationals back then
default_wink.png

I tried one for a stall mat. The surface was perfect, used a level, duct taped them together for re-inforcement and son of a gun they didn't last two seconds. Couldn't use them in my isleway either for the farrier because just one gust of wind and they blew away. They are great for my tack room though..... I don't paw
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the interlocking mats from FarmTek and the like (mats actually intended for stalls rather than children's playrooms) hold up well in actual stall use?

I'm considering these for our cargo van horse hauler, but I wouldn't want the "tabs" coming up, and I don't like the idea of duct tape where horses could chew on it.

There are horse size ones that interlock for stalls. Friends of mine use them. They are about 40" x 40" and heavier. They put bedding on top of the mats. The 2 x 2 don't work in stalls but are great in tack areas.

Latest posts

Back