When you lose track of horses you've sold....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'd shug it off. They may not have it in them to keep in touch for personal reasons. I learned people change. I once sold an arab to a wonderful family and they said they would keep in touch. So I would call about once a year, just to chit chat, and see how he was doing. However, about the fourth year, I happily called one day, and the new owner was very cold and silent....I finally asked, "I guess you are not feeling well?" and she replied, "NOT right now"....I got the hint. I was in my early 20's but I learned once I sell a horse, let it go! Of course, I still think of each horse which shared a time in my life. I have faith each one is happy and loved.

I am really sorry for your loss. I can't give you any advice as I have only sold one he was a big horse and he was nuts. As happy as we were to get him off our hands, I was upset to hear he has been in at least 8 homes since we sold him 3 years ago. I didn't even know he was for sale a WEEK after we sold him. It's too bad, he would have made a decent horse for someone who had the time to really work with him.

Though since I am planning on the Navy next spring, I can't leave my mom with the 4 we have as she has a life too. Even though we only have 4 it's still work and she doesn't need to be doing all of it by herself. So I have to sell 2 of them by this fall.
default_crybaby.gif
I stay up nights thinking about where they could end up if the buyers aren't truthful enough....
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back