When will the Forum be properly working again?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitsfizz

Reaction score
Just asking- no pictures, no emoticons- quite a few of us are in the same boat here....

I was having issues as well. I had to sign out, clear all of my history/caches on my computer, then come back and sign in. It fixed the problems I was having. Before I did this, I was getting a message that my post was empty, even though I had already written something, and when I signed out, the forum wouldn't let me sign back in. I had absolutely no problems with posting from my cellphone though.

It finally worked for me to log out and back in again. Whew!

I had all that problem with the "post empty" thing, all that is OK now. The ongoing problem is no photo posting and no emoticons- nothing above the post box at all, it is all "hazy"

I also was having problems with the "empty" posting... I tried different threads and then came back and it worked...IDK

Yep also cannot still use emoticons and now am wondering if this will post or if it will accuse me of trying to post an empty one again. Here goes

lol well at least I can post now!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Marty- I have just tried log in out and in again- to my utmost surprise I was able to remember my password! Did not let me access the toolbar on the reply, though, so, still glitches.

See this is why I hate it so much when you mess around with <i> my </i> Forum!!!!

I'm able to post since I hit reload / refresh yesterday. The smiley faces don't work for me except for the ones I know how to type... I bet it will be all working good soon, though, and there are some pretty nifty enhancements
default_yes.gif

So aparently I am missing something... what are the "nifty enhancements"??? I am pretty bad about figuing them out unless someone points them out to me!

I agree- little point to having good things if we do not know about them. Done all the refreshing I can bear- I am completely refreshed- still nothing....

Same thing here Jane. Until my computer shut off and I restarted it. When I have to restart, I get logged out of everything I'm into. When I logged back in, the smilies etc were no longer whited out! Did you restart your computer? Clear the cookies?

I have a cute little "staff" thingie now I noticed
default_smile.png

No problem here posting, but I never do anything fancy.I seem to be logged in anytime I turn on my computer.I don't turn off power at night-monitor just goes to sleep when I go off internet.I am not real computer savy, but I am addicted to this Forum and get lots of great advice from here.Although I have not met amny of the people who post here I feel like I know them and we are friends with such a common bond in our love for these great little horsesl.

for anyone having problems please delete your cookies so the forum can make you a new login key.

There is always a cookie problem after every version upgrade and this one is no exception, I'm sorry!
I had one of the exact same reported problems but with my computers settings
and purging my cookies and cache it was over with in less than a hour, except for the expanding emoticons list. That is still not completely
opening but with the link they pop up in a box just fine. I am workingon fixing the other.

Depending on your operating system, personal settings etc. etc. the cookie log usually resolves itself pretty quickly on it's own.

If you are having a problem with the reply editor, after deleting your cookies click cancel then try again..... click reply,
press ctrl then f5 and wait for the page to reload. when it does choose more reply options and do it again.

The important thing if you are having problems is to make sure you have logged out and clear your cookies.

How to reload web page(s) and bypass the cache.
Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button. or
Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux) or
Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)

Clear your cookies.
I'm happy to help with instructions if I know the browser you use.

close and then re-open your browser. When your browser opens go to your address bar -NOT a search engine to look for a link to click, use the address bar in your browser and type in the sites address.

If you continue to have problems email me and I'll reset your account, I'm always happy to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, no problem here. I've had those troubles before when forum did updates but this time (knock on wood), I don't seem to be having any. I'm on here signed in on the 'puter, which like bevann, never goes "off" and on my ipad where I have to "log in" every time.

default_giveup.gif

Today is the first time I have been on my PC in two weeks--otherwise I have just been using my iPhone so I couldn't comment before now on how things work when it comes to posting pictures or using the smilies. Everything is working as it should be--I have the picture button and everything else at the top of the post box, and I have access to all the smilies. So, all seems to be good here!
default_eat.gif

Deleting my cookies (as directed to do so right here) brought back my smiley icons. I'm using IE 9. I think you can just do an internet search "how to delete cookies" and the name of the browser you use. Reset the computer, then follow the directions you learn. It brought the smiley back to me
default_thumbup.gif

There is always a cookie problem after every version upgrade and this one is no exception, I'm sorry!

I had the exact same reported problems but with my computers settings

and purging my cookies and cache it was over with in less than a hour,

except for the expanding emoticons list. That is still not completely

opening but with the link they pop up in a box just fine. I am working

on fixing the other.

Depending on your operating system, personal settings etc. etc. the cookie log usually resolves itself pretty quickly.

If you are having a problem with the reply editor..... click reply,

press ctrl then f5 and wait for the page to reload. when it does choose

more reply options and do it again.

The important thing if you are having problems is to make sure you have logged out.

How to reload web page(s) and bypass the cache.

Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button. or

Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux) or

Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)

Clear your cookies.

I'm happy to help with instructions if I know the browser you use.

close and then re-open your browser. When your browser opens go to your address bar -NOT a search engine to look for a link to click, use the address bar in your browser and type in the sites address.

If you continue to have problems email me and I'll reset your account, I'm always happy to help.
Thanks for posting this! I've been itching to post on topics but have been unable too!! Now I'm playing catch up and I'm a posting fool on the new sub-forums! LOL!

I was having issues as well. I had to sign out, clear all of my history/caches on my computer, then come back and sign in. It fixed the problems I was having. Before I did this, I was getting a message that my post was empty, even though I had already written something, and when I signed out, the forum wouldn't let me sign back in. I had absolutely no problems with posting from my cellphone though.
This should do the trick for most, if not all (??? what browser ???) of us...
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back