When will she foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshack

Reaction score
This little mare is at day 323 today, I took these pics yesterday. Figured she was gonna have it Fri night, as she was up and down and kept stretching out like she was contracting and that belly was jumping.

shell have it when shes good and ready LOL sorry couldnt resist. She doesnt look real close to me but then again you never know!

I have a mare that looks to be about the same stage - the wait is on and it appears to be a long one!!!!! Best of luck in your marestare and maybe we will talk in a week or so - LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

default_wacko.png
: I'm no help....I've got 2 mares at 339 days today that have looked and acted ready for over a week. I know they think I'll give up and quit checking their udders, lifting their tails and fluffing their stalls, but they're wrong....I know it is tough to wait and I definitely feel your pain.

Last night, I even dreamed that one of mine foaled. I dreamed that I looked up at the monitor and saw the feet and nose coming out ....so I dreamed that I nudged my hubby to wake him up, I even dreamed as far as walking into the kitchen grabbing the foaling kit and towels/sheets etc (I didn't actually get out of bed thank goodness)...then I woke up, looked at the monitor and realized that it was just a dream. Dream (the name of the mare) was standing there with one back leg cocked chewing on her hay.
default_rolleyes.gif
: Lord help me if this mare doesn't foal soon......
default_wacko.png
:

EDITED: I guess my prayers were answered! Hubby was home and called to let me know Dream was in labor. I stayed on the phone with him while he assisted but it was a textbook delivery, baby is trying to stand at 10 minutes old. It's a BOY! Cowboy's first foal and Dream's second. His name is DakotahMoons Scout N out Dreams (pending)...and hopefully I'll have pictures tomorrow !!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one at 349 today, she is testing my patience, she has most of the signs just doesnt want to I guess, maybe shes waiting for the full moon or Christmas!!!!!!!!!! Kathy

Congrads on the new one! We're still waiting here. Not much has changed in her bag though.

We have another new one this morning. A Filly (first Derby foal for me!)...I was RIGHT ON with these mares due dates...they were both actually due today, one foaled yesterday and the other just foaled around 10 am this morning !

wow congrats!!!

How nice they foaled when you expected them to!!!

Latest posts

Back