When it hits you...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMiniGal

Reaction score
That moment when it hits you, while you are playing/working with you mini, and you can actually "see" for the first time, what a great cart horse, they will make. I saw my girl having fun today....she may be unregistered, but she is worth a million dollars to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love the feeling I have on a good day when the horse and I are doing great together. So fun to be out and about with your little horsey.

Yes, it is so nice, when you have a good day and everything just falls into place. I've just now started putting a surcingle on her, and working on her turning her head and giving into the pressure of that. I honestly, had my doubts, on Halo really trying with anything driving. She is super smart, and on certain days, wants to please, but she also has a lazy streak in her. But yesterday, for the first time, I saw my girl having fun with working. She did everything I asked of her. I can now see driving in our future. Mainly for pleasure...for now, anyway. Never know, we may get so good, that I can do open shows with her. I had a lady, compare Halo to a driving mini, that I had seen and was commenting on how I would love to have him. She said Halo's personality reminded her of him, and he is a calm and excellent driving horse, so I took that as a huge compliment. It will be a year or more, before we will hitch her to a cart, but in the mean time, I am going to enjoy every step of the way.

When I walked Legend past a neighbor's who is an expert German Shepherd trainer, and knows nothing about horses... and he stopped mid sentence and commented on Legend's trot and movement.

When we were ground driving, and headed home on our mile loop, and he was excited to go down the forest road instead of the barn at feeding time....

When we were ground driving again, and a GS dog from a neighbor was out and loose and trotting toward us head down... I told him, "you're OK Legend, you're OK", his ears went back to listen to me, and he just stood at command while the dog came up on his blind side. Spooked ME! But he trusted my OK. And Elvis the Shepherd responded to my correction. Apparently Elvis, absolutely new to horses, figured we were OK because he walked along beside us all the way home and his owner came and got him.

I my opinion papers don't make the horse only the price tag, but thats just me. We me and my boys are all having fun and enjoying the day life ( with my aninmals anyway ) just don't get much better.

Latest posts

Back