Whats your favorite saying?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Take a chance you stupid ho" - Gwen Stefani

"Live for the moment cuz tomorrow you might be dead" - Buffy Summers

:new_rofl: OMGosh!!! the slinky one is too good :risa_suelos: . Here's mine:

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
default_unsure.png
:

"It's difficult to say goodbye but the memory of being together will always remain and there is always the chance that our paths will cross again."
default_bye-sad.gif
:

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."
default_wub.png
:

"Find a purpose in life so big it will challenge every capacity to be at your best."
default_firstprize.gif
:

"Being defeated is often only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent."
default_giveup.gif
:

"Do, or do not. There is no try." :worshippy:

"Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it you can." :cheeky-smiley-006: :new_multi: :risa8:

lol

Ash

My uncle said to me once

"Dont let common sence get in the way of your thoughts and ideas"

and I really cute quote by Winnie the Pooh that my sister said to her husband at their wedding.....

“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.â€

And this one I have a stepping stone of in my room

"Every path has a puddle"

Of course "Love many trust few and always paddle your own canoe" and the one Ive always used with kids and grandkids "Everyone Grows UP"

Every time i see Nita's i laugh, i just love it.

My new mantra is It's 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it!

ALso going to steal the diva one!!

Love this thread.

Bonnie

I knew I had some more, but I couldn't remember where I'd put the piece of paper they are on
default_smile.png

'never let your mind wander, it's much to small to be on its own'

'I'm trying to make ends meet, but someone keeps moving the ends'

'well butter my butt and call me a biscuit' (I found that in a magazine and just about died laughing)

and my newest one that I have on a plaque

'Don't p*ss off the fairies'

Unless you know corgi folklore, it may not be as funny...but I think I've p.o'd the fairies a few times!!! :eek: lol At least that's how Moxie acted...it must have been the fairies!!!!! :new_rofl: :new_rofl:

~kathryn

Oh I love quotes, have a word doc full of them. Some of my favorites are:

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I don't suffer from stress. I'm a carrier.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you.

Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Learn to live with it.

And of course, the one in my signature helps me to keep things in perspective when things aren't going my way.

Shawntell, you said "Every path has a puddle"
default_yes.gif
:

How true this one is but yesterday when I was walking across a department store parking lot, there smack dab in the middle of a puddle was a $20.00 bill! :new_shocked:
default_yes.gif
:

I cut this one out of the paper recently, but there was no author: "Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. "

One of my most favourites is by Eleanor Roosevelt: "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

And: "God forbid I should go to a Heaven in which there are no horses."

This is a quote from the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding: Maria says, "The man is the head of the house, but the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head any way she wants!". I love that movie, and I love that line!!!!!!!

I guess I thot more silly than philosophical when you asked for a favorite saying. I right away thot of one of mine:

"If mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!"

:lol:

Also: "Poor planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part."

Oh my goodness some of these made me spit on my computer :lol: :lol:

Some of them are hilarious! Generally, I like the funny ones!

Above my kitchen sink is "I am so far behind I thought I was first" love this because it is true these days!!!

The one on my signature has great meaning to me though

"You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was"

because when I came to America, 15 yrs ago. I arrived and I knew no one, not a single person! I was 19! It didn't matter who my Mum & Dad were, what my house was like, how popular I was back home etc because NO ONE knew me! It was both terrifying, lonely,overwhelming yet exciting BUT it made me a strong person who relies on myself to get where I need to be!!

Many times I wanted to call home and cry but I didn't and now I KNOW I did my own growing and it feels good. Really good! I did it on my own
default_yes.gif
:

Oh course, I am so determined and half crazy I had to challenge myself to prove I could do it alone :eek: :eek:

I guess I took "Take the road less travelled" to the extreme
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Great thread!

This one comes from my dad, but I find myself saying it.....

When he saw a car or something he really admired, he would say

"I wish I had that car and he had a feather stuck up his butt, then we both would be tickled pink".

Also, when I did something wrong, he would tell me..." We are going to have to go to the hospital and have my foot surigically removed from your butt".

“God made woman beautiful and foolish; beautiful, that man might love her; and foolish, that she might love himâ€

I knew I had some more, but I couldn't remember where I'd put the piece of paper they are on
default_smile.png

'never let your mind wander, it's much to small to be on its own'

'I'm trying to make ends meet, but someone keeps moving the ends'

'well butter my butt and call me a biscuit' (I found that in a magazine and just about died laughing)

and my newest one that I have on a plaque

'Don't p*ss off the fairies'

Unless you know corgi folklore, it may not be as funny...but I think I've p.o'd the fairies a few times!!! :eek: lol At least that's how Moxie acted...it must have been the fairies!!!!! :new_rofl: :new_rofl:

~kathryn
:new_rofl: :new_rofl: :new_rofl: :new_rofl:

love the biscuit one

and I totally understand the issue of ticking off fairies :eek:

Some of my fav's are not real inspiring :eek:

"Bite Me"

my grandma always said "pull yourself up by your bootstraps and keep going" I live by this one :bgrin

"it just keeps piling higher and deeper"

performing arts have "break a leg" so in a moment of creative inspiration I came up with one for my dog showing friends :bgrin "bite a judge"

"Its all about choices"

"Karma will bite you in the @ss when you least expect it"

I have lots more some inspiring some less inspiring and a few just plain funny....I collect these things
default_wink.png
:

I love this one even though it's alittle dark!
default_wink.png
:

"Some people are like slinkeys, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!"
LMAO :new_rofl:

Here are some of mine.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

Maya Angelou

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

Oprah Winfrey

(I've learned this the hard way!)

It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird. :bgrin

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
default_whistling.gif
:

I forgot this one, appropriate when you are on a lonely road, sharing it with just one car who is in front of you & it is ALWAYS a driver who has "no where to go & all day to get there."

I have 2:

When a driver in front of you isn't going fast enough for you: Baby in the Back Seat

(this was from a story of woman who got out at a stop light and was fumbling around in her back seat...the lady behind her went ballistic and honked, etc. She finally jumped out of her car to give the lady in front of her a piece of her mind, and the woman from the front car stood up and said, sorry, my baby in the back seat was choking.)

When it never goes the way you thought it would: Adjust accordingly

(this one from the love of my life years ago....I'm still trying to although he's been watching down on me for 26 years....)

Hugs!

These are everyday phrases that I use:

Sit back and watch

You just shot yourself in the foot

Somebody point me in the direction of the nearest tree

Michael loved this quote so it's on his gravestone

"Why does it take a minute to say hello, and forever to say goodbye?"

Latest posts

Back