What's wrong with the United States?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weebiscuit

Reaction score
There is a very interesting article, written about Wisconsin, which discusses the decline of manufacturing and business and private enterprise and the current statistics that no longer are private companies the largest employers in the state, but now the government is the largest employer in the state, and just *who* pays those wages? WE DO!

Although this article was written about Wisconsin, I'm sure that if you read it you can substitute the name of your own state for Wisconsin and probably see the exact same things happening. The article discusses unions, the OWS protesters, and other things on interest, and puts it all in clear perspective.

Read the article, as it has national implications for all of us.

http://www.timnerenz.com/2011/11/downward-wisconsin.html

While I don't fully agree with the political slant of the article, I do agree that the outsourcing of working class jobs is killing our country. We are in the same situation here - our community sprung up around a steel mill, and it's been a downward spiral ever since it closed. When the industry bled out of this area they pushed all the kids to go to college, and now they're coming back from college with massive student loans and only service industry opportunities.

In my opinion, if you want to stop the outsourcing, tax the companies that outsource. For each job that leaves the USA, tax per job. The company that my brother worked for outsourced to, I believe it was China. They shipped the machines over there that made the product he once made here in the USA. The catch is, if you take the jobs out of China, you can not take your equipment (or so that is what my brothers co. said). My brother had to then take a pay cut to keep his job that was changed from manufacturing to distribution. After 10 years with that company, they just had a layoff and he was actually the second most Sr. person in the company (including management). But it ment nothing.

The U.S.'s situation is going to get far far worse, I'm afraid. Within the year. And by extension, Canada, Europe, and the rest of the world. We are going to be witnessing a complete economical disaster. Scary stuff.....

The Progressive political agenda is a big part of what's wrong here and elsewhere.

oiy with the finger pointing. But that seems to be the programed knee jerk response that so many just blindly adhere to.

The "progressive political agenda" is only one facet of the two facet problem. The other facet lies squarely with the supposed "conservative" side of the aisle. Their champion of free trade has without question destroyed many legs of our economy. And still in the face of this undeniable devastation they are pressing for MORE.

Miss Katien you are on the right track except we don't need to impose a tax as the framework already exists in the Constitution in the form of tariffs, which is one of the few mechanisms allowed to the fed gov. to raise revenue to fund its Constitutionally enumerated obligations to the States, who are the Creators and Masters OVER the fedgov. Free trade as it is misnomer-ed is all about slavery and at its core, is a tax issue.

Matt, I must agree with your assessment. While there IS a voting solution to the problem, he is silenced in debates and ignored by the media on purpose. Neither side of the aisle wants him, therefore he MUST be the right guy because he has ALL the right enemies. His policies would be "painful" but with a fix and so limited, in duration. Everybody else is MUCH more painful with NO fix. The "masters" seem to be trotting Newty out which might very well indicate more of the same on either side. They seem to like pitting a known failure up against their number one choice (who has yet to be revealed). They did this in the last cycle and it worked marvelously for them. If it worked once, to their thinking, it will work every time. So far they have been right, every time.

The solution is to pull the pin holding the pendulum that is purposely sent to the left and the right depending on how peeved each side gets, and stop playing the division game. ALL of us have to press for the only solution to benefit ALL of us. Pointing the finger, only divides us. It is this division that benefits the "masters" and enslaves ALL of us. The rabid left and the monstrous neocons (yes I DO know the origin and meaning of this label) MUST keep everybody at the other guys throat to keep us away from the solution. The solution and enemy number one for these guys is UNITY. The only place for unity is standing on the Constitution of These States United and WITHOUT compromise.

I apologize for this moment of weakness in responding to this. Guess if I didn't care so much about MY country, its peoples, its future and progeny, I wouldn't be tempted. We either stand together or you subject all of us to slavery and THAT is NOT the positive side of our heritage.

Inner peace,... Inner peace.... (Kung Fu Panda)

Latest posts

Back