What's the weirdest thing you've found

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]We have found lots of stuff over the years in our hay! Things like birds, snakes, bottles (unbroken), All kinds of food wrappers, beer and cold drink cans! Last year I even found a football, still inflated!
yes.gif
[/SIZE]

Bill

All the usual stuff in my hay, depending on who we buy from. The worst I've found - anywhere - was half a very large dead rat in a bag of Omolene!
new_shocked.gif

Jan

Nothing too exciting. But we had one bale that was really bad and had huge sticks in it. Our one horse would pick out every stick and put it in her feeder, as if to show us what she found!

The only thing i find in our hay is ... hay? is that odd?
yes.gif

but the only question is for REMINGTION!!!

Oddest thing we ever found was a toothbrush. Go figure....and the funniest thing was the horses found it first and were fighting over it like it was something real special....yuck. Must have smelled like peppermint still. Sheesh.
WHY WOULD YOU SMELL THE TOOTHBRUSH?!?!

!!!!EDITED!!!! I posted it befor i was done!!!
rolleyes.gif

woops, when i read it first i thought you smelt the toothbrush, some people have funny Fettishs but that would be the oddist

i once saw up at HH a deer leg laying in the middle of the floor. They say it came from the hay. I didnt belive it till i read this... you guyz find the strangest things...

Sarah

Last edited by a moderator:
If I ever found a snake dead or alive, I would never feed hay EVER again. I wouldn't be touching it at all.
ohmy.gif

We found a tee shirt and a bottle of Jim Beam in the same bale. Found a flip-flop last week. Extra twine is always found in the hay.

Wow I've never had weird things like that ever in my hay. You guys sure do get some weird stuff...The weirdest thing I've ever had is a piece of coiled wire.

beer cans, underwear & contraceptive devices
ohmy.gif

There had been a b&s ball up the road from the grower.

The two worst bales came from a feed store. One bale was almost entirely thistles...the other had a very large, very flat bird. Both were exchanged. We were grossed out by the bird, but I thought the big, burly guy at the feed store was going to pass out when he saw it...

A dead fawn that mama must have left hiding in the field. It was in a round bale. So sad.

This year was a dead baby snake.... scared me to death it was laying flat on the ground. I guess it was from the night feeding. I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I jumped so high. Thought it was alive.

We bought hay from a farm called Muscrat Haven Farm... wouldn't you know we found a dead baby muscrat. EWWW!

Well, in all the years I've been feeding, I must say I have never found anything very exciting other than an occasional dead mouse, piece of wire or string, etc... No bikini tops, toys or legs!! LOL, this whole thread cracked me up!! Too funny!

lol Im laughing my arse off! Its nothing special here... bottles, LOTS of cans, twine... the worst was a dead snake... Im sorry but I DONT DO snakes!

Back