What's the weirdest thing you've found

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
I usually buy my grass hay from a farmer. He has a lot of fields and it is normally really good grass. I got down to my last bale and it was pretty nasty. It had lots of weeds, dirt, etc....

This morning I was getting ready to get rid of this old bale and something caught my eye. It was baled in the bale.
yes.gif
Looks like it was a dog toy.....not one of ours.

smurf.jpg

What other odd stuff have you found?

Oh my,, that is cute. Wish I found stuff like that.
biggrin.gif

In the past I have seen..

Lets see.. dead whole birds.. mice parts... plastic, lots of little piece of baling string.

Think thats it.

that looks like papa smurf.

l find beer can after beer can in my bales my farmer likes his beer lm guessing.

Mostly just the usual; dead mice, birds, snakes, twine and such.

While I was in college I worked at an Arabian ranch. One day, the owner came in from feeding with a bikini top he had found in the hay. He made a comment about someone having a roll in the hay.
wink.gif
[He was a 65 year old man, it wasn't referenced to any of us, just a general comment].

You find alot of strange things like that, when you bale along roadsides.

Some drivers are not sure what them trashcans at the roadside rests are for.

Mike

Now that is really something to find in a bale of hay! LOL
laugh.gif

I've found dead snakes or just the snake skins before in our hay.

We've had all the usual--dead snakes, mice, a hawk, smaller birds, a rabbit...cans, chip bags, beer bottles, pop bottles (plastic & glass), extra twine, wire, a pair of mens very brief briefs (that one did not come off a road allowance so I had to wonder what they were doing in the hay field?
biggrin.gif
), a partial pack of smokes, a new book of matches.

Most times it's just been the odd thing here & there in the bales, but a couple years ago I bought a couple loads of grass hay that came off the ditch along a main highway. What a bunch of garbage in every bale--I especially hated the broken glass bottles. I got tired of picking stuff out, & didn't go back for any more of that hay.

a huge rock. I wondered why that bale was so much heavier than the others!

I am surprised it went through the baler.

A coat hanger
wacko.gif
Bought that load at auction...

I once found what looked like a furry beverage coaster. As I looked closer, it was a compressed dried circle of baby mice !!!
new_shocked.gif

I've also found bandaids, hot cocoa packages and a really cool button from Kentucky!

Liz R.

We had a petrified skunk one time in one of our bales. It didn't stink thank God, but was nasty. Of course we tossed the whole bale out!!! Yuck!!

Joyce

Yeesh! Think I'll keep the smurf rather than find some of that stuff!

A flat cat
new_shocked.gif
yuck. Stuffed animals, clothing, rodents and snakes, big rocks,

And the worse... a nest of living rats
new_shocked.gif
wacko.gif
I never ran faster in my life!
rolleyes.gif

I've found alot of things. Just not like that. I've found dead snakes, live snakes, dead mice, live mice, kittens, extra twine and one time I found mold and alot of dust.

Last edited by a moderator:
ohmy.gif
Oddest thing we ever found was a toothbrush. Go figure....and the funniest thing was the horses found it first and were fighting over it like it was something real special....yuck. Must have smelled like peppermint still. Sheesh.

We never found anything odd in our hay other then small peices of twine.

We are always finding stuff in our straw. Mostly stuff the dog carries and hides in it. Nabor's newspapers, toys, tanner's socks and mom's shoes.

We dont have to much interesting stuff happen around here
smile.gif

..but if i found a dead snake or ALIVE snake in hay, i'd probaly never be able to feed the horses agian. I'd take anything over a snake ....
ohmy.gif

Leeana

Latest posts

Back