WHATCHADOIN HALLOWEEN ????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
[SIZE=8pt]For us, that is the offical start of the Holiday Season so I'm chomping at the bit. [/SIZE]

The boys will carve the pumpkins right after school and get them lit and in place. Tracey and I get dressed up and ready in the late afternoon while it's still light out. That's when the little kids will show up. You know, they real cutie pies: the babies, the pre-schoolers, the little ones. Love them to pieces. Tracey and I will be on the porch waiting and ready and armed with candy and toy prizes for them.

We'll order a couple of pizzas for dinner. Who's got time to cook???? No way! And I'll set out plenty of finger food for us: buffallo wings, chips and dip, and always a decorated cake and cup cakes and cider. We'll be watching some of our scarey movies too.

At dark, the boys and friends will be dressed up and lurking about. They'll be on their 4 wheelers and watching the perimeter and neighborhood because sometimes we get some over zealous trouble makers, so they will be watching. The most problems we ever had was to be toilet papered but last year some vehicles got hit with paint ball guns and got some windows shot out and that's where I'd draw the line, so we do watch.

The boys are known to pop out of nowhere to scare the bigger kids a little bit as they make their way to the porch where the candy is. We have strobe lights going on and those scarry music tapes blasting from the porch conceled behind the hay bails and Tracey is gaurenteed to howl on command. We usually have a graveyard to walk through but it finally fell apart so I never replaced it. But the oldest said he'd make a new one if he gets time. For anyone that has ever called me from the forum, they know that Tracey talks on command and howls too. I know some monster will be jumping off the roof (into a pile of leaves) but it won't be me anymore! We expect about 40 kids to come and more if we're lucky.Jerry will sleep through this whole thing too by the way.
yes.gif

We'll wrap it up by 10:00 pm which is the curfew, but the boys will still be out with the dogs then, watching till midnite or 1:00 PM just in case. I don't forsee any big trouble, but lots of fun!!!

The day after Halloween, all my decorations will be taken down and put away. That will take half a day. The other half of the day will be spent getting the Christmas lights down and tested and that's a whole nuther thread.
wink.gif

Wow, sounds like you'll be busy. We really don't do much of anything for Halloween, but we don't have kids and live 17 miles out in the country, so doesn't matter. Our nearest neighbor is 3 miles away and the nearest neighbor with kids is about 12 miles away and they drive to town to trick-or-treat.

We'll just be sitting here watching a movie or something. We don't get any trick or treaters here. Around here, the kids all go to the big developments so the parents don't have to drive all over.

We do buy a bag of candy......just in case.

Moving! We are just too far out there for any kids to come so I buy us some candy, rent a movie and pig out.

I am going to be spending most of Halloween on a plane flying home. I won't miss much, though, nobody comes trick or treating here and my kids are away at college.

If I was at home I would help with our neighborhood party down at our clubhouse. We put one on every year for all the children in our neighborhood.

yes.gif
yes.gif
Love Halloween or [samhain for us] . We will be taking the littles trick-or-treating early to be done before 7:30. Then we will have feast and finish with ritual. Maybe soon games after but it's a work - school night.

We don't do Halloween in the traditional sense. Coming from a Portuguese background that lived in a heavily populated hispanic area in CA, it's the day my family goes to the cemetary to spruce up the graves, share a meal alfresco compete with good wine, and honor and remember those who have gone on before us. I cannot be with them this year, but will be there in spirit.

Marty that sounds like my kind of halloween. Its one of my favorite holidays(along with christmas & valentines day & easter & new years...Ok all of them are my favorite). But halloween is my most favorite. I cant wait until kylie is old enough to go trick or treating. Shes gonna be a jack-o-lantern this year. Last year she was a skeleton. My family isnt as into Halloween like me though... I should go trick or treating.... 17 isnt too old is it?

One little thing that I do miss about living in town is having trick or treaters. Most of the kids that live near us don't celebrate halloween (religious beliefs). So every year we decorate, buy loads of candy, watch movies and get a massive sugar high. We do make sure all of the critters are safe in the house or barn, especially the cats. So far, we've not had any problems.

Darrin is working on a graveyard out in what was the garden. We got a nice little crop of pumpkins this year, and intend to carve about 20 of them. Mmmmm, roasted pumpkin seeds.... We have this 7 foot tall skeleton that lights up. It's assembled in the back bedroom right now. Every time I walk in there, it scares the beejeepers outta me. We also have this freaky laughing skull that the dogs want to kill.

Here's some pics of a few of the pumpkins. One is with Sprocket, my Jack O'Lantern Terrier trying to carve her own pumpkin, and the other is Darrin with his 'new' Ford 9N tractor. He did all of the gardening this year, so the pumpkins are all his.
smile.gif

100_0647.jpg

100_0655.jpg

Going to dress up in my riding breeches, boots, half-chaps, nice polo shirt, and a helmet. I will also being carrying my hot pink crop. Can you take any guesses as to what I will be?
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Me and my friends are going to go out later, and get all the left over candy (which some people have too many leftovers that they want to get rid of. Which means more for me!
biggrin.gif
)

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking the kids trick or treating. We do it on Halloween in our town. Others do it on the weekend. I think it makes more scense to do it that way. Then the kids don't have to get up for school the next day. Ours is 6-8 PM. What fun.

Christy
wub.gif

_minihorses4ever_ said:
Going to dress up in my riding breeches, boots, half-chaps, nice polo shirt, and a helmet. I will also being carrying my hot pink crop. Can you take any guesses as to what I will be? 
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

Me and my friends are going to go out later, and get all the left over candy (which some people have too many leftovers that they want to get rid of. Which means more for me!
biggrin.gif
)

484683[/snapback]

i thinkin im going with breanne and cowgirlup*

i need ideas 4 a costume....cheap ideas

Latest posts

Back