what would you do with this

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb

Reaction score
Mane???
default_rolleyes.gif
: shes just my baby, its not for a particular reason, but its sooo thick and puffy, just want to make it a little neater.. also i dont post enough to say "how does she look this year" but i do believe i have her more in shape than last... does she look good weight wise? shes almost 3, thanks
default_wub.png
:

100_0290.jpg

I have always loved that mare since you first posted pics of her!! She is so pretty. I think she looks in great shape! :aktion033: As for the mane, I can't offer advice with that one, as I have one mare here that has your girl's mane problem beat by a mile! I HATE my mare's mane!! Seems no matter what I try to train it, it goes back to the same way it used to be!
default_wacko.png
:

She looks beautiful to me!!! Looks like she has a great hip on her! What a pretty baby! ANyway, if she were mine, I would pull the mane a bit so it shows her shoulder, and would undercut it just a bit to help thin it down, using a wedge shape toward the top for blending.
default_smile.png

again--what a doll!!

I like her, too! And agree with what Amy / Pocket Ponies says to thin down her mane.

in order to really know i suggest you send her to ohio for awhile LOL. ill send pics to you of her pretty mane i promise
default_yes.gif
: kidding aside shes a beautiful mare!

Your girl is lovely and I think she looks very good.

I took a big step this year and started to shorten the manes on some of the girls around here.

I pulled, cut, trimmed, clipped and under clipped, and left quite a butcher job on some too :new_shocked: and Sheryl is going to have to come and fix that part.

But I'm glad I did it. Some of our manes were really soooooooo long and thick and fuzzy and some were heading down to the knees. Hrd to maintain and also looked sloppy despite my grooming efforts. They simply did not look nice and neat at all.

I got most of them now, shorter than your girl's mane, and way up off the shoulder.

I was very surprised that I did like it much better.

Seemed to me it took years off their over all look. They are all quite young, but the long manes seemed to make them look so old.

I did leave my stallions on his knees though.....just seems to fit his personality and over all look.

Found a product at Walmart in the hair goop isle. It's in a tall skinny silver can, that you spray on. It's a relaxer and makes it shinny. I use it on me and the horses both and makes quite a difference.

She's a very pretty girl! Sorry I don't have any suggestions on her mane though.

I was wondering, if you have a horse with a nice mane (not too thick) but it's really long..past the shoulder..should it be shortened? It's a horse I would like to show also.

She's a looker :new_shocked: I think she is in great shape and the mane isn't that bad, a little shorter, think it out a little and put some kind of "goop" on it and you should be good to go. I agree that I have gone to the shorter manes and forlocks on my horses as well. I still have to have the tails on the ground, but I really like my shorter/thinner manes this year.

I swear I own her twin! Treasure looks identical to her! I groomed and brushed today paying particular attention to the manes and forelocks. I like em full and thick as long as it doesn't bring the neck down. JMHO but she is very pretty and she looks great.

Aww thanks , she is really the best little girl, ill try your ideas, for sure :aktion033:

Back