What would you consider this.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizzmoe

Reaction score
Okay so we are at this point assuming this mare is bred. Boyfriend said not to bother with the weefoal as it is money we could save and use for other things. She is a smaller mare being at only 30 inches, and shes never been a "big" mare with weight as she has a leaner build to her. Anyways we have been seeing some movement in her flanks but nothing much. I went to get a video of it but instead ended up with this. Sorry its a bit crappy and you may have to watch a couple of times to see it fully. It is slowed down some so isn't as fast it normally was in the video, but it happens so quick I had to slow it down so it could be seen. Normal frame rate was 25 fps and I slowed it down to 13.5 fps. So almost half as slow as it should be. Anyways what do you think, is it foal movement or just something else. She is only at 5 months currently so I wouldn't expect to see anything like this but I have felt movement, though nothing like this. I didn't even realize I had caught this on video until I uploaded it to the computer to edit. Also another video on my youtube of it being even slower for those who need to see the even slower one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDyIWMzq3LE

OK my opinion is "No Oscar for cinematography". I really could not see anything. 5 seconds is not long enough for anything. I really can not give an opinion on weather she is bred or not.

I am on the dreaded dial up and can not watch you tube here at home. But I don't think it would really make a difference anyway. You will need to go to her, place the flat part of your palm on the puffy part in front of her udder and slightly push up. If you do this while feeding you stand a better chance at feeling some movement from a foal this way. I can usually feel them at around 5 months but you have to be real still. It may take several days before you feel something. If not, I would keep a close eye on her and watch for her to bag up.

default_new_shocked.gif
Wow...that WAS quick!

But, I did see the "bump", and think, that though it is very high to have been a "baby-bump", I would be wastching closely anyways.

In my experience you do not 'see' the foal moving until the mare is around 210+ days. No way your seeing it at 5 months. I can't even feel it at 5 month. Earliest i felt it is 6 months. 185 days for me.

amanda

Latest posts

Back