What we look for in a weanling driving prospect

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is simply amazing! Thank you for sharing these amazing pictures.

I love your horses and hope to someday own one.

Woow that is one lovely filly and boy can she move. If she was mine I would be keeping her to drive for sure.

:aktion033: I am speechless at the beauty and grace of your filly WOW!! Thank you so much for sharing the photos and the explanation of what to look for in a driving horse. Now if I can figure out how to get to your place and grab that little beauty for myself :lol:

Yvonne

Thank you so much for the beautifully illustrated lesson. She is quite a filly! Of course we love her color as we have a pinto filly (in my avatar) with the four white socks and the white tail, but alas, only a star. And I only wish she moved like yours!

:new_shocked: ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Gorgeous filly, and great examples too of what makes a driving horse. Your horses never fail to wow me
default_smile.png

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much :bgrin and to all who PMed. I guess I should have provided her name - it is Buckeye WCF Amazing Grace - aka "Gracie" She is by Lee and out of Lena (who is on the mare page)

Sheryl and Marty - you must stop by when you come through Columbus :saludando: :saludando: Dona, I'm working on the under 34 thing - just taking a little longer than expected
default_wink.png
: Devon - figured I'd better hang onto her for a little while. Connie I echo your comments which are always "right on".

Another aspect that I forgot to include in the "what we look for" is when you turn the weanling loose and it is working at liberty - is the foal's natural preference to canter/gallop - or to trot? If it prefers to trot - it just makes things much easier when training as that is the gait that is more natural for the horse. I've selected those who prefer to canter before and they have been successful, but the most successful ones have those who prefer to trot naturally.

Thanks again folks - you are the best
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Getitia...I have so much respect for your breeding program...just amazing horses coming out of it! I am going to Ditto Dona....can you make me a "A" model? :bgrin

Ok I will not be picky..
default_wink.png
: .you know how I do LOVE those BOY"S...
default_wub.png
:..sooooooooo if ya can make a BOY like her...I won't even quible about the size.... :bgrin I do have 1 more stall available....
default_whistling.gif
:

I was looking at her and thought amazing grace, then I saw her name! Exquisite filly!

Latest posts

Back