What to Wear- Pinto Worlds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGminiaturehorses

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

In about two weeks, we will be making the drive up to Tulsa, OK for the Pinto World Show. We will be leaving on the 6th, and showing for the first half of the show.

I will be showing my yearling filly in her age appropriate halter classes, a color class, and an english showmanship miniature class. We are ready to go, and all our entries are in, but just can't decide on what attire is suitable for each class.

Of course, for english showmanship, I will be wearing my hunt coat, show shirt, black hunt cap, breeches, tall boots and gloves. That's the only class I am for sure on as of what to wear. As for the halter classes, im debating on what would be more appropriate- to wear my western show clothing, black slacks, red, black and white matching bouse with cuffs and colar, hat and gloves, or just stick with the english? I'd prefer to stay with my english show clothes, but if wearing western clothing in miniature halter is what the judges prefer, then i'll defeinitely go that way!

This is our first Pinto Worlds with the mini's, so we aren't too sure about what attire is most desired in the ring for the miniatures.

Thanks in advance to anyone with some advice!
default_smile.png

Here's a quick picture of what I was planning to wear in the halter classes if we decide to go with the western:

DSC_5973-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone,

In about two weeks, we will be making the drive up to Tulsa, OK for the Pinto World Show. We will be leaving on the 6th, and showing for the first half of the show.

I will be showing my yearling filly in her age appropriate halter classes, a color class, and an english showmanship miniature class. We are ready to go, and all our entries are in, but just can't decide on what attire is suitable for each class.

Of course, for english showmanship, I will be wearing my hunt coat, show shirt, black hunt cap, breeches, tall boots and gloves. That's the only class I am for sure on as of what to wear. As for the halter classes, im debating on what would be more appropriate- to wear my western show clothing, black slacks, red, black and white matching bouse with cuffs and colar, hat and gloves, or just stick with the english? I'd prefer to stay with my english show clothes, but if wearing western clothing in miniature halter is what the judges prefer, then i'll defeinitely go that way!

This is our first Pinto Worlds with the mini's, so we aren't too sure about what attire is most desired in the ring for the miniatures.

Thanks in advance to anyone with some advice!
default_smile.png
Go with the Western. I've never seen anyone show a mini at Pinto with English, other than English Showmanship : )

I agree. Either go western or business casual which is how I dress. Black pants/boots and a blazer. If you show in a cable halter, you don't have to wear a hat. I prefer not to wear a hat if I can get away with it. But then, I know the pinto world schedule is very tight and so it may be hard to change. Good news is there's a restroom up the ramp from the arenas and if you have someone to hold horses and a class between classes you can dash up the ramp to change. I have, I was out of breath by the time I got back, but I made it for the class in the right clothes (just make sure you have the everything you need because there's no time to go back to the barn).

Good suggestions above!

We will be showing on the 7th so I hope we get to meet you.

We will have a yearling colt

Yearling gelding

2 Yr stallion

2 yr mare

Sr Mare (a tiny one)

Good suggestions above!

We will be showing on the 7th so I hope we get to meet you.

We will have a yearling colt

Yearling gelding

2 Yr stallion

2 yr mare

Sr Mare (a tiny one)
Hey there! We are also showing on the 7th! I will be showing my yearling filly in youth showmanship, the 2yr and under miniature mare class, youth halter, and the mare color class. Hope to see you there aswell!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back