What the heck is up with this!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdomep

Reaction score
These Jennies are a pain LOL The other week I posted pictures of Minnnie's teats about a "C" cup and as of Saturday she is back to an "A", but still clear and sticky and seems thicker today. Our donkey birthing book said that that can and does happen in some Jennies (which made us feel a lot better). Jr is still moving but I am sure it is tight so we are lucky to feel it. Well she is very off today - moody like and just standing alone. She actually layed down in the pasture and didn't hop up when we came to the gate. Tail is looser today than it has been and she has definately dropped. I was just down with her and we decided to put her in so we can watch on camera. I think she is a sneaky one
default_wacko.png
: She has not touched her grain all day - so we think she may be close but this darn bag thing has us confused
default_giveup.gif
:

ARRRRG! I am going away for the weekend and hope she doesn't have it when I am gone. She is down at my donkey friends barn so ofcourse she is well watched over
default_yes.gif
:

Edited to add don't you just love when you put a typo in your title and can't change it
default_unsure.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I feel for you!!! They can be so tricky... I have one due in June she is HUGE! but no bag yet.....Last year I had one I thought was due in October..........well she didn't foal until December........she is a jenny that will not breed back while she has a foal on her side.
default_wacko.png
: When I weaned her foal in December then she bred back.

LESSON learned on that one..........I will never leave the jack pastured with them all year! Luckily I was prepared for the birth, but December foals is not what I would normally plan for...so now he has to be kept separated when fall comes.
default_yes.gif
:

I remember! I went back and was reading your posts from then
default_rolleyes.gif
: Just frustrates me more LOL

Dont you just love those elusive jennys?? :bgrin
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: Hope your jenny has that baby for you before the weekend. We will be watching for pictures. Corinne

Not yet anyway...Vet was out with another girl today and called this Jenny stoick LOL

STOIC - One who is seemingly indifferent to or unaffected by joy, grief, pleasure, or pain.
Yep that's our girl
default_wacko.png
:

We are going through the same things right now. This jennet I purchaed bred. He said she was due in April but couldn't tell me for sure. He thought she took a breeding at 3 days after foaling. That would have been May 2nd. So now it is May 13 and still no foal. She is just huge, milk bag has doubled in last week. The milk test strips haven't help us since she has tested 5 for the past month.

Last night she was up and down, which is not like her. She starting rolling once down and then back up. She pretty much did this off and on all night. Now it is 5:45 and all is calm. So we are thinking she was positioning the foal. This is her 3 foal but her first being under camera and monitor.

One thing I noticed is she is drinking lots of water and pee's constantly. Her back end is so long mainly from the bag pulling it down.

WILL SHE EVER FOAL. She is now at 10 days past what the previous owner thought. To me that would be more foal heat time, than at 3 days.

Praying yours comes soon and it is healthy.

Traci and Family

Back