What sex do you prefer to drive?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, from reading the replies, seems to be that people most prefer the sex of their best driving horse! (which is a no brainer--but tells you that a good driving horse can be any sex)...

Out of the many horses I've driven, the ones that have 'stood out' for me have been mares and geldings. For the most part, the stallions I have driven are very self preserving! Yes, they are active, interested individuals, lots of heart and all that jazz--presence up the wazoo....but when I want that extra bit of effort, the 10% of 110%, stallions tend to pull back on me. So they are not my top choice because they--in general--will not go all out. Many geldings and mares have been like that too, but most of all the stallions seem to be like this.

Personally, I LOVE a good mare. They can be VERY competitive, sharp, and quite eye catching! That little bit of mare attitude takes us farther than just partnership alone. This could be because my current two driving horses are mares--and both are just a titch on the neurotic side.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back