what kind of breed should i breed my mini to

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breeding

• hi yall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • if anyone knows what kind of miniature horse breed i can breed my sorrel mini to would you please le

• thanks

• katherine mccall

• Total voters
It depends a lot on what registry the mare is registered with and which registry you want the foal registered with. If your mare is AMHA, you have to breed her to an AMHA registered stallion to get an AMHA registered foal. If she is AMHA and AMHR and you want your foal to be both, look for a stallion that is both. If she is just AMHR, you can breed to an AMHR stallion for an AMHR foal or to any breed you want if you want a National Show Pony Registry foal.

If this is a miniature MARE I would say only a miniature stallion or a small cross registered miniature/Shetland. If its a miniature stallion you have to ask what you are looking for from the breeding. If you want something registered to show, you will only breed to mares registered in the same registry/registries as he is.

hi melaine

thanks for the tips.i think i might show the baby.i came up with some names. my fave for the boy is journey and for the girl faith.if you need anything just let me know.

thanks

katherine

Back