What is your opinion on this?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i'm not at the farm I live with 6 college boys. I asked them all tonight that if they had the choice to be circumcised or not as a baby what would they choose. They all chose circumcised...and without hesitation.

If they are going to ban circumcision, they sure as heck better ban things like piercing infants ears too, which is also a painful cosmetic procedure, and it risks infection.
Unfortunately, the government doesn't give a whip if a parent pierces their baby's ears, because that is NOT paid for by insurance (Obamacare). Circumcision *is*, therefore, let's end it.

I didn't see mention of the issue of separation of church and state, as to many, this is a religious issue. Now, I am not personally Jewish (or religious, for that matter) but my step-dad is and I know the Jewish community would be up in arms about this. Government needs to back off. As for my personal feelings on circumcision, I'm not keen on the idea, but we had my son circumcised because his father had been.

This topic very much leads to and makes remarks about Obamacare appropriate. The more "we" expect the government to "take care of us", the less say we can expect to have in matters that impact our personal lives. This is only one of the reasons to worry about Obamacare.

Also, I know we all have different personality types, but there is a difference between being "confrontational" and appreciating the value of speaking up when it comes to such very important matters.

For the past few years, witnessing what's happening in our Nation has felt a lot like watching history's longest train wreck (or lemmings march!).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am the oldest of two children - I have a younger brother. My mom chose not to have him circumcised. In the 1970's, this was almost unheard of. Almost every boy infant was routinely circumcised and my mom had to fight to NOT have it done. She just felt that it was his and he should grow up to decide what he wanted to do.

Growing up, he hated the fact that he was not circumcised because he was "different." He would ask her why she didn't have him circumcised and she would tell him that she felt it was his choice, and when he was 18, if he wanted to be circumcised, she would support that choice.

Well, when he was 18, he did get circumcised. And since then he has always said he regrets it. (My family is very open and we discuss these things). There is a loss of sensation. Now that he is older and more mature, he wishes that he would not have cared so much how things "looked." I think he was worried about what future girlfriends might think.

Growing up, he had no difficulty with infections or anything else. It's about caring for your body properly.

That said, I was blessed with two girls so didn't have to make the circumcision decision. And while I don't agree with circumcision, I absolutely do not agree with the government telling us what can and cannot be done. And that goes for radical parents on both sides of this issue, too.

I know of a family through the internet that had a baby boy born with a severe heart condition. Because of this, he could not be circumcised at birth. The parents chose to have the procedure done under anesthesia when he was older and more stable. Something went wrong, he reacted negatively to the anesthesia, and he died during the procedure. The sad thing was that the mom had written about this on he blog. It got out to the anti-circumcision crowd and there were people who actually showed up to protest at her son's funeral and said horrible things about her on the internet.
default_no.gif
. That was ridiculous and absolutely heartbreaking for this family who were already devastated.

Barbara

Latest posts

Back