What Have You Been Offered Besides Money For Minis?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sept we traded a gelding for a load of road crush and a load of sand we needed. l've been taking driving lessons from a Morgan judge at her place the past few months in exchange for a filly for her daughter.

I have had several "trades/barters" over the years and I think if the trade makes both parties happy that it is a good option to have...

Several years ago we traded an older quarter horse that was dead broke for a grade mini mare and a grade pony gelding. I had gotten a younger horse for riding and the people wanted a horse their 7 year old could ride, they had gotten the mini and pony at auction and found out the pony was a bucker so not at all for their son..... So worked out fine for both of us...

Then a year or so after that the same people decided to sell their miniatures, they had an AMHR mini mare and her colt and then an AMHR stud. Well I had a little racing 4 wheeler I had just listed for sale and another one of their sons wanted it so we traded the 4 wheeler for the minis....

We traded a mini stud colt to a lady for a couple boer goats but quickly found out that boer goats were not for us (I have pygmies and they are much more my style) so we did rehome the boers....

I keep thinking we have had other trades but I cant remember for sure... I know we have definetly had other OFFERS for trades that we have declined....

I have a very good friend in CA who has bought several minis from me - She owns a boarding stable and I have known her for many many years. We have traded a mini for my daughters now 24-25 yr old walk trot 13 hand pony. Was a great trade for us Raven got a confindence builder and the mini became part of a driving lesson program there in CA

I traded a crazy registered paint mare for a saddle to fit my draft horse. The trade was great for both of us. I would love to trade for a horse trailer but apparantly no on around here is interested. lol. It is neat to read what people have traded. Cool thread.

We have traded a Featherlite mini trailer for minis, as well as Ponies for minis, and saddles for minis and came away happy each time.

I just wasn't sold on Guinea pigs or apples for minis.

Perhaps there will come a day when I'm craving apple pie and all the stores are out and I'll decide apples for minis doesn't sound so bad, after all.

I know this: I'll never crave Guinea pig pie.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've accepted a 30 foot gooseneck trailer in trade........

And several years ago we had some friends who had minis and also bred llamas. They wanted a couple of breedings to one of our stallions and we received two registered llamas as payment.

We still have the llamas......and the female has proven to be an excellent guard animal.

Wow... most of you have been offered nice trades!

Me... way back when.. when I was stallion shopping... this lady had a nice looking stallion but she decided she wanted to trade one of her filly's for one of mine.. her's had very bad stifle in both back legs and an ugly conformation... ya.. she had color but I have never cared about color. Couldn't even begin to wonder, why this perosn thought I would trade a well bred sound filly , for one that needed major surgery and should never be bred? I decided not to breed my mares to her stallion. In fact I didn't want anything more to do with her.

Only other offers I seem to get is... I will take your horse off your hands for free.
default_frusty.gif

When I was getting out of Tennessee Walkers, I traded TWHs for Minis. I have also traded a mini for a mini. Just a few weeks ago, I traded a weanling colt for a herd of 11 Pygmy and Nigerian dwarf goats.
default_smile.png
Some trades I didnt do that I was offered were trading for horses I didnt want (I had advertised I was looking for Minis, and someone offered a big horse). I have also been offered hay, guns, and farm equipment. Hay wouldnt be bad, but at the time of the offer, I had all my hay for the year and nowhere to store more. I like trading for other horses, because then my hubby doesnt expect the money to go in the bnk, versus buying a new horses LOL.
default_biggrin.png

I was offered to trade my weanling splash overo colt for choice of three Friesan (how do you spell that?) 2 year olds. Really cool horses, but way too big for my taste! I will be trading driving training and farrier work for breedings on my stallion, in the spring! Next week, I am trading a nice neutered barn cat (I have 11, and hubby thinks that is too many) for a 30 lb bronze broad breasted pet turkey!!! Gobble, Gobble! The joys of bartering!

I was offered to trade my weanling splash overo colt for choice of three Friesan (how do you spell that?) 2 year olds. Really cool horses, but way too big for my taste! I will be trading driving training and farrier work for breedings on my stallion, in the spring! Next week, I am trading a nice neutered barn cat (I have 11, and hubby thinks that is too many) for a 30 lb bronze broad breasted pet turkey!!! Gobble, Gobble! The joys of bartering!
That is one trade I would love!!!!!!

Me too!!!!
default_wub.png

I have traded a breeding to my stallion for a filly. And have also traded one of my AKC Havanese puppies for a mare - worked out great for both of us, both times!

Stacy

I traded a 3 year old arab/paint cross gelding for my first mini mare-Sahara!!!! Best trade I ever did...did have many offers of trading minis for full size horses but I don't want/need any more biggies. I was also considering trading one of my mini mares for a Boston Terrier female but ended up just selling her for hay money!!!! I wish I had another mini mare I wanted to sell and I would take up that trade in a heart beat!!!
default_biggrin.png
I LOVE TRADING!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Im always looking to do a trade...

I've traded farrier work for...

baby goats

leather harness

easy entry cart

turkeys

chickens

I've traded barn work for...

hay

brand new tooth floats

barn doors

free board for 2 weeks

Traded a 350 big block motor (got for free) for a older 2 horse bumper pull trailer

Traded hubby's transsmission skills for hay

default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too!!!!
default_wub.png

Are you two liking the Friesan trade, or the turkey???

The friesian, although with Thanks Giving around the corner, I must say Turkey is Oh so good! (Just Kidding about the later of the two).

Latest posts

Back