What does "DWB" stand for?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

:DOH!

I just realized I see this acronym a lot and I've never really thought about it until now. I don't even know what it means!

Anyone that can help?

default_biggrin.png
....Dumb White Boy
default_biggrin.png

Kidding, just kidding....I don't know what DWB stands for but am sure someone here does.

I have seen it stand for "Dutch Warmblood" but not sure what else it might be an acronym for?

Andrea

default_biggrin.png
....Dumb White Boy
default_biggrin.png

Kidding, just kidding....I don't know what DWB stands for but am sure someone here does.
Hehe, made me giggle!

It could be Dutch Warmblood! :DOH!

You guys are cracking me up!
default_risa_suelos.gif

I just see these miniature horses that seem to all have this in their names and I just wonder what is stand for. I know what GMB, FWF, etc. stand for, but what is this DWB???

[SIZE=12pt]DWB could mean (Design Without Boundaries)
default_rolleyes.gif
[/SIZE]

Bill

Since this is the Miniature Horse Forum, I am presuming you are referring to the use of these particular initials in the naming/breeding of Miniature Horses? If so, DWB is the initials of the man the owner of a certain Miniature horse breeding farm was involved with for a number of years. I *think* she may have married him in the later years; some years ago, when I met them, it was my impression that they were not married--to each other,anyway-not sure what happened later. I believe that the 'owner' of the initials died several years ago.

If Miniature horses are NOT the reference, then yes, most likely to indicate Dutch Warmbloods.

Margo

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this is the Miniature Horse Forum, I am presuming you are referring to the use of these particular initials in the naming/breeding of Miniature Horses? If so, DWB is the initials of the man the owner of a certain Miniature horse breeding farm was involved with for a number of years. I *think* she may have married him in the later years; some years ago, when I met them, it was my impression that they were not married--to each other,anyway-not sure what happened later. I believe that the 'owner' of the initials died several years ago.

If Miniature horses are NOT the reference, then yes, most likely to indicate Dutch Warmbloods.

Margo
Yes, it's minis I'm referring to. I looked around and could find some horses with DWB in their registered names as bred by Doug Bertelsen. Maybe DWB is Doug Bertelsen? There are also a lot of them with DWB in their name that also have Another Dimension in their names.

Last edited:
When I see DWB I think of Another Dimensions stallion, LA VISTA REMARKABLE DWB.

Tami and Margo are correct. La Vista Remarkable DWB, son of NFC's Remarkable Rowdy, was named for Susan Hopmans' late husband, David Burmant (sp?). DWB's offspring typically have those initials in their name.

That's the "DWB" reference I'm familiar with...La Vista Remarkable DWB. He and his get (and grand-get) are beautiful...very refined! I have several fillies from that line (one an AMHA Res. World Champ Futurity mare) that I purchased from Lori at Sonoita Highlands who owns Another Dimension DWBs Invader. A very good number of my fillies' siblings did VERY well at the World Show including a full brother to my Mystery who took 3rd in his weanling stallions class. Anyone who is interested in the DWB lines should check with Susan at Another Dimension, Lori at Sonoita Highlands, or Pat Proctor of Poco De Oro Miniatures. Pat's DWB son, Sonoita DWBs Memoir, is a gorgeous TINY boy with a 2001 AMHA Res. World Ch. 2 yr old stallion title and a 2003 AMHA World Ch. senior stallion title. He's producing spectacular babies that are achieving National Top Tens wins and European Championships too. The Europeans are starting to buy into this line as they love their refinement.

That's the "DWB" reference I'm familiar with...La Vista Remarkable DWB. He and his get (and grand-get) are beautiful...very refined! I have several fillies from that line (one an AMHA Res. World Champ Futurity mare) that I purchased from Lori at Sonoita Highlands who owns Another Dimension DWBs Invader. A very good number of my fillies' siblings did VERY well at the World Show including a full brother to my Mystery who took 3rd in his weanling stallions class. Anyone who is interested in the DWB lines should check with Susan at Another Dimension, Lori at Sonoita Highlands, or Pat Proctor of Poco De Oro Miniatures. Pat's DWB son, Sonoita DWBs Memoir, is a gorgeous TINY boy with a 2001 AMHA Res. World Ch. 2 yr old stallion title and a 2003 AMHA World Ch. senior stallion title. He's producing spectacular babies that are achieving National Top Tens wins and European Championships too. The Europeans are starting to buy into this line as they love their refinement.
I showed La Vista's Remarkable DWB as a yearling for Susan Hopmans. Susan sold "DWB" to Another Demension out of the Scottsdale Show when DWB was a yearling. Susan Hopmans is the owner of La Vista Farm. Susan's deceased husband's name was David W. Bermant, hence the DWB. Susan is not the owner of Another Demension Farm. Gail, Sandy and Jamie Borenstein are "Another Deminsion", now located in Texas. Susan Hopmans and LaVista Farm are located in Santa Ynez, California. Hope this clears it up for you.

Back