WHAT DO YOU WASH YOUR MINI WITH

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the EQ Solutions also. When I first purchased it, I got my muddiest mess of a horse out to give her a bath. A friend thought that I would have to go over her with a clipper to loosen some of the mud up. I told her I wanted to see if it would do what they claimed.
unsure.gif

I suds the horse up and let her stand for 5 minutes as instructed and every bit of dirt/mud came rinsing off of her.
yes.gif
Love the stuff, runs about $25 a gallon and lasts at least a year.

I have used it for washing rugs and other things, sometimes its scarey to see what all comes out of things.
new_shocked.gif

Robin

We have available wool wash - which is used for baby's clothes.

I swear by it for washing my horses it is ph neutral, very gentle & has eucaluptus in it to help keep of the bities.

Martha Gardners (i think) is the best brand comes in a green bottle & is in all supermarkets.

Failing that the home brand ones are ok but they always smell diferent (inconsistent ingredients between batches???).

As for ticks do not take them lightly. I was living in a very bad tick area (coastal) i lost 1 mini & saved 2 from paralysis ticks. You can either spray them every week (the poison used is available from your vet) or what i did was buy the kiltex tick collars and put 2 on each horse. (check with your vet but mine said it was ok).

I saved 1 of my minis with a tick with the anti venen (sp) used for dogs.

1 tick will paralyse a mini in 24-48hrs so keep an eye out for them.

thankgoodness i have moved now and do not have such a large tick threat.

Good Luck!

Stacy

Grease cutting Sunlight dishwashing detergent easy to find anywhere and doesn't dry out the coat.
laugh.gif

Back