What do you think about someone selling a dwarf for profit?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good point!!

what age do dwarves live to on average?

People DO deliberately breed for dwarves.

I know sssssssssssssomeone here locally. In fact the local TV station came out and did a story on them.

showed the dwarf from a mare and stallion from 2007 and the one they were "lucky" enough to get for 2008.

"The area's "smallest" horse.

O great.......................

I already posted my thoughts on the matter. I am disgusted to think that people would deliberately breed for dwarfisim. For the rest of us striving to improve the breed that is just a slap in the face and then some. To strive to produce an animal that will suffer. That should be criminal.

Here are pictures my guy Ruckus.

Ruckus in the field

100_4965.jpg

Ruckus at a parade

100_4026.jpg

Ruckus still able to play with the "big boys" which equates to every other horse here.

100_5380.jpg

I was "duped" a few years ago myself! We had one Mini mare that we bought to keep the kids pony company, pony ended up too naughty so we placed her and went looking for a companion mini for our now lonely mini. Saw the ad on a local equine sales board and went to have a look. We knew NOTHING about Mini's and just saw a cute, friendly, furry 5 month old, how could we resist! I was told she could be shown! I was told some sort of a story as to why they couldn't reg her. I was told I could reg her World Class! Yes, we were just looking for a pet but the seller should have been honest so that I wouldn't have paid $550. for a minimal dwarf and another $75 to reg her!!! We also got our hopes up for showing her and driving her!

My then 9 yr old daughter actually showed her at the local level (obviously) for 2 years and won many year end awards with her in Showmanship and some games type classes. She is a wonderful addition to our family but the seller should have been honest! She will be 4 this spring and is now starting to have some health issues due to her "defects".

Oh, BTW, I only found out that she was a "dwarf" when we were at a little show and a wonam came up to me and said, "oh my god, did you get her from "so and so"? And when I said "yes", she went on to say, "oh I'm so glad she survived!" She then went on to tell me how the seller even had leg braces on the filly as a newborn etc etc etc!!! I felt ridiculous! We knew she looked different but didn't suspect she was a dwarf!

Please be honest to your buyers! PLACE your dwarfs in a pet home with a "buy" back clause to keep them safe.

I have not said anything on the topic of getting a dwarf as I have 2. I was received a call in October about a dwarf that the humane officer of Woods county

WI had saved a dwarf from a horrible situation. I told her I would take OZ for however long he had on this earth. In the meantime a wonderful lady in MI

drove her dwarf to Wisconsin to meet OZ and travel to Arizona with him.

My farrier flew to WI we rented a Honda Odessy and set up a place in the back for them. Took 3 days and Victoria slept and ate in the van with them this was her choice. They arrived healthy, rested and eating their hay.

Oz has been gelded and a small barn was built for he and Sunny. Sell them never! They are here for as long as God allows them to be on this earth. If something ever happened I could not take care of them I would get in touch with the two people I know and trust with these guys. Bill Chapman and Janell

Jensen. I do not believe in dwarves being sold for any reason. By the way you could not tell horses had been transported in the van. Plastic, tarps and shavings did the trick.

Here are the pictures of OZ and my little girl Sunny

OZ

wizzardofoz2.jpg

Sunny

SunnyandMelodie5.jpg

A picture of both just relaxing. They did have their halters on in these pictures however, they are never left on them.

sunnyoztoday.jpg

I have not said anything on the topic of getting a dwarf as I have 2. I was received a call in October about a dwarf that the humane officer of Woods countyWI had saved a dwarf from a horrible situation. I told her I would take OZ for however long he had on this earth. In the meantime a wonderful lady in MI

drove her dwarf to Wisconsin to meet OZ and travel to Arizona with him.

My farrier flew to WI we rented a Honda Odessy and set up a place in the back for them. Took 3 days and Victoria slept and ate in the van with them this was her choice. They arrived healthy, rested and eating their hay.

Oz has been gelded and a small barn was built for he and Sunny. Sell them never! They are here for as long as God allows them to be on this earth. If something ever happened I could not take care of them I would get in touch with the two people I know and trust with these guys. Bill Chapman and Janell

Jensen. I do not believe in dwarves being sold for any reason. By the way you could not tell horses had been transported in the van. Plastic, tarps and shavings did the trick.

Here are the pictures of OZ and my little girl Sunny

OZ

wizzardofoz2.jpg

Sunny

SunnyandMelodie5.jpg

A picture of both just relaxing. They did have their halters on in these pictures however, they are never left on them.

sunnyoztoday.jpg
They look very happy now, being in such a wonderful home! God Bless You and your little sweethearts!

Latest posts

Back