What do you do to reg.an oversize A min?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrenhart

Reaction score
I am looking at a mini that is and April 07 baby and she is already 33 inches and the lady is not familiar with the AMHR rules(me either
default_smile.png
and we would like to know if there will be any reason this filly would not be able to be registered, both her parents are A registered...
default_unsure.png

If the filly has already been registered in AMHA you can send in a copy of her papers front and back to AMHR. Pay the fee for normal registration for that age plus another fee for registering it from AMHA which I think is about $200.00. If the filly hasn't been registered with AMHA I am not sure as I cant remember if AMHR is still allowing hardshipping of horses. If someone else has more accurate info please let her know...

If the filly has already been registered in AMHA you can send in a copy of her papers front and back to AMHR. Pay the fee for normal registration for that age plus another fee for registering it from AMHA which I think is about $200.00. If the filly hasn't been registered with AMHA I am not sure as I cant remember if AMHR is still allowing hardshipping of horses. If someone else has more accurate info please let her know...

She has not been reg with AMHA yet...that is the thing
default_smile.png
and also as you said can she be "Hardshipped"

get on AMHR's website and try to find the info from thier rulebook or the registration info...That will be your most reliable info.... www.shetlandminiature.com is the website addy..

AMHR only "hardships" minis that are already AMHA or ASPC registered, so you would have to register the filly AMHA first, if she is eligible (as in both parents are registered AMHA and the stallion report is in order).

I would suggest spending the money to get her AMHA papers before she goes over 34. If she goes over, those papers will not be any good but you will be able to get AMHR papers on her. If she's over 34", AMHA won't issue papers either and then she will become a grade horse. Sad isn't it?

Latest posts

Back