What did everyone get for Christmas?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyL

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Well first off, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a good holiday!!
biggrin.gif
[/SIZE]

I had a great holiday! Family, good food and all the trimmings. I loved it!

Well, my cousin Jamie, who we in the family call Bear, got me a pair of sturdy ranch gloves, and a pair of water-proof gloves too! No more frozen fingers! He also got me a horse calender, and some apple treats for the horses. If he would have been there I would have given him a BIG HUG!!
laugh.gif
He was on his way home with his wife-to-be, they are living in MN and spent the morning with Kayla's family, and we had to leave before they got home. But we will see him at his wedding for sure, hopefully before that!
yes.gif
So thank you Bear!

From my grandparents I got a new lead rope and a new hoof knife. Plus money! Haha. Thank you to my grandparents!

From my friends I got a Breyer Model horse, and from the other friend I got a Barnes and Noble Gift Card, plus she wood burned a sign that says Little Faith on it to hang outside Faith's stall. That same girl made one for Blue almost two years ago that says Java Blues and it still hangs outside the stall. Thanks to Carly and Danielle!

I got fuzzy socks from my brother and PJ's from my mom and dad. Earrings and a necklace plus a stuffed animal from my older sister. Thank you to my family!

I am one lucky 16 year old!!
smile.gif
yes.gif

So what did you all get?
biggrin.gif

Sam

My husband and I got four horses this summer for my Christmas present.

My brother got me a ipod which im still trying to figure out & year of free music downloading ....yay.

Other brother got me $100 to walmart gift certificated and $50 to bath and body works.

Sister got me $125 to TSC gift certificate.

Mom&Dad got me allot of PJ's (flannal ..gotta love it), Jeans, Grooming supplies and a mousepad with coco's picture on it, Makeup stuff, horse posters, this thing to hang my ribbons on that goes in my room (its really neat), and dad is supose to start building me some shelves to put on in my room to put my model horses on that have been in box's for year (was supose to do that back in summer ..brought it up this morning though). And of course ...dads finishing off the barn extension.

We sold our stallion ..so my gift to myself was Molly & her foal she will be having this summer.

It turned out better then i though ...
smile.gif

Merry Xmas

Leeana

I recieved the best present ever....my mom and my daughter and my grandson were here and the day was perfect and happy and fun.

I got the best Christmas present I could have hoped for from my parents!
wub.gif
He has been here for about a month so actually he was an early Christmas present. My performance gelding, Rio.
wub.gif
He is better than I could have ever imagined!

I also got the Oster 7 piece grooming kit, a portable dvd player, and a book from my parents.

My grandparents sent me money and my aunt sent me a purse and wallet.

I got a Miniature Horse book, a groomeez brush, and homemade fudge from my friends.

It has been a wonderful day!

For the horsie stuff I got...

2 neck sweats for Dusty and Chantilly.

1 set of bellboots for Chantilly when driving and Dusty when jumping.

the Veterinary guide for minis.

All of the above are not arriving until a later date. We are still waiting for the packages.

Then the non-horsie stuff I got

A blue soft blanket

a blue soft bathrobe

nail polish

a movie with a mini horse in it (Barclay's Big Adventure)

a slushie maker

2 Kenny Chesney cds (melts, sooo hott)

1 Carrie Underwood CD

Jlo CD

Mariah Carrey CD

Madagascar

Sisterhood of travelling pants

A small sewing machine

a bingo game

and a horse necklace. I am going to see if they have white gold or silver.

I also got 100 dollars which I am spending on the horses.

I have another Christmas on Saturday at my dad's. I am crossing my fingers for the two show halters I want.

I got the best present, the horse I was leasing, Willie!
biggrin.gif

I also got a REALLY nice Oster grooming set from my brother!

And as surprised as I was, they still got me other things besides the horse!
new_shocked.gif

I got:

An xbox horse racing game

The movie Madagasgar (I just love that movie!)

Fall Out Boy CD

$30.00 gift certificate to State Line Tack (from my aunt)

$40.00 cash (from my grandparents)

Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea candle, perfume, and lotion

Aggie sweatshirt!

Pajamas (which I am wearing right now!)

A reading light

cell phone cover

some lipglosses

I hope EVERYONE had a WONDERFUL Christmas!
saludando.gif

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

I sure did. My parents got me a great new barn jacket, along with some other clothes, a new pair of riding breeches( my other nice pair I have to saftey pin at the waist 'cause they are too big
yes.gif
), and a tail wrap for my pinto pony who just loves to get nasty before pony club rallys. But the best present will hopfully come tomorrow (fingers crossed) when the vet comes to ultrasound my mini mare. We had her confirmed in foal in the spring and are just making sure all is well and we still have a baby in there. I'm very excited about that.

Well, Merry Christmas everyone!
biggrin.gif

I didn't get a new live horse, but I did get the Christmas Breyer, Della Robbia, all the new racehorse ornaments + the porcelain ones, the globe, and the stirrup. Hubby also got me the new Smart Chic O'lena model.

Not a bunch, but what I wanted. I'm happy!

Merry Christmas!

Santa was pretty good to me this year. I received several nice gifts.
smile.gif

Barbara Navariux's (sp?) mini book

My FIL built me a mini wagon for the minis (picture in the thread titled "lookey what I got").

My husband got me a nice pair of Montana Silversmith earrings.

And, several nice non-horsey gifts that were all very nice.

Tomorrow, I'm going with a friend to pick up her Christmas gift. A little yearling palomino colt, she fell in love with him last spring when she bought her filly and gelding. Her husband bought the colt for her for Christmas, even though he thinks she already has enough horses (3 full-size, 2 mini mules and 2 minis). The same seller has a mare I like, but she isn't registered, so I don't know if I want to buy unregistered (besides hubby would kill me, if I brought home another mini, at this time - he says we don't have room - we are working on a 4-stall mini barn, I only have 3 minis and one has his own barn).

Well........I didn't want a thing but you know how that goes.....

So I told mom that I was going to get a Kaglo heater this coming winter and she got me one for Christmas (though had to tell me about it early as I was getting ready to order one and she told me maybe I should want cause....) It is a big one at 60" long so should heat a foaling stall wonderfully. Going to hang it up this coming week as I have a mare at 288 days today.

Then my parents new I was getting ready to do an ad on Big City coming up in the MHW in FEB which had to be sent this past week and they were sneaky and got in and paid for it for me.

I got just what I asked my hubby for; four new tires for my horse trailer and a two wheeled wheelbarrow. I love it I can clean the whole barn in just one load!!
new_shocked.gif
It's huge!

I also got two new peices for my Christmas village.

An Angel hanging lantern.

An Angel pin

An Angel bookmark

And some other small gifts that the grandkids picked out for me. Those are special.

And from my SS I got the best book it is 96 Horse Breeds of North America. It is AWESOME! Thanks Libby

The best gift was having all of my children and grandchildren here for dinner, gift opening and fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an AWESOME Christmas. I got:

A Fender amp, 90 WATTS!!, it has a lot of effects and a built in tuner. It sounds so great.

Green Day's Bullet in a Bible DVD

A cool guitar necklace from my friend, thanks Sara!

a game boy advance game

an awesome digital camera

two Breyer horses

the Breyer holloween stablemates set

horse-opoly game from my uncle

cash from my grandparents

and a ton of candy that will take me a year to eat

biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...I haven't actually GOT him yet but Angie from BuckOn gave me the best Christmas present ever!!!!!!! His name if Echoes Golden Arrogance and you can see him on her website. He will be coming home to Ontario sometime the beginning of January and I am so excited I could just bust!!!! Christmas is going to last ALL YEAR!!!

Well....we didn't actually get this Christmas present ourselves, but we paid half and went to pick him up... plus we get to play with him!
aktion033.gif

We now have a 7 month old mini donkey jack at the barn staying with my donkey girls. He was a present for a young family. Three little girls are the happiest ever! Their Mom and Dad are in love too! Their 2 year old can lead the little guy around! It is so cute!

So not only do we have a new four legged friend, but we have a whole family of new friends!

I didn't ask for a thing. I considered the barn and all the help from Jerry and the boys more than I could have asked for, so this year, there was no wish list from me.

They went and over did it anyhow.

I got a gorgeous hand crafted Nativity scene from my Secret Santa, Justaboutgeese. Every figure is carved out of wood so beautifully, I don't plan on putting it away with my Christmas decorations. I'm going to keep it in view on my desk where I can continue to enjoy it all year round. Thank you so much Vic. It was the perfect gift for me.

The family here got me a lot of pull over tops that I really needed. Most of my clothes are just worn out and tattered and I look very much like the bag lady going to town. I got a light blue Christmas themed sweatshirt with a barn scene in the snow with little glitter snowflakes on it. Then a matching light blue shirt with snowflakes on that. Two more pull over tops with a little glitter decorations so I can dress a little bit nicer for a change, one blue and one green.

A new laser mouse and mouse pad.

I am very much in shock over this new computer, Windows XP, that I have named "La Tush". This was way too extravagant I keep telling Jerry, but he inisits I run down for repairs at David's shop with Maurice way too much.

I am missing Maurice very much and still using him, (he's on the kitchen table) but I am still going to try to learn how to use La Tush because I don't want to hurt Jerry's feelings and let him find out that I really hate this thing! I've done the complete tutorial thing about 5 times already. Michael is going to get old Maurice. Change is hard sometimes.

For Christmas dinner, I served a large ham with all the trimmings to the family and some of the boys friends came that really didn't have any family. We had a very nice time and I sent everyone home with doggie bags so I have no left overs. Dan's been baking Christmas cookies for days now and we are having fun living on junk food for the moment. Michael is making spinach dip for breakfast and I'm eating Goobers that Liz sent me.
rolleyes.gif

It's going to take us a month to put all these Christmas stuff away back up in storage. I figured I'll fill two Rubbermaids a day and see how it goes. The after math is always so sad.

From family lets see.. I got a new bed spred from my mom and dad.. I got 2 Montgumery Gentry CD's and some scrap booking stickers from my brother and his girlfriend.. Some very fuzzy socks, a pink hat with a horse head on it, and a really cute plaque that has a horse butt that looks like Mollys and says 'come back soon' and that was all from my sister and her husband... And I got a horse conformation book, a shirt that says cowgirl, a heavy black horse shoe shape picture frame, new ridding gloves, some Silver Jeans, and a bunch of candy from my mom and dad.

I got a very THOUGHTFUL and GORGEOUS gift from a gal known as "Scoopiedoo" and I LOVE IT!!!!

She asked me not to post..but I cannot help it..I have been curled up on the couch under that warm fuzzy blanket since I got it out of the wrapper!!! (Have to fight off my chihuahua..she likes it too!!) The soup mug is a really neat idea too...I have some ham and beans planned for later in the week and I will try my new mug then!!
wub.gif

The little bear, however, got claimed by my 4 yr. old Grand-daughter the moment she saw it...LOL...however I am OK since I have my blanket to snuggle under..those are so soft and WARM!!!
laugh.gif

THANK YOU JODI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well santa was very good to me this year the only thing I got from my husband was a HORSE TRAILER.

I am soo happy to get it, we have been shopping around but never did find what I wanted. Well he found it and its perfect once I get my logo on it I will send pics.

Santa spoiled me this year! I got the Breyer Christmas horse and the two plushies, a nice scanner (MUCH nicer than the one I was saving up for), a new laser mouse and mouse pad, a music mixing program to make my liberty music and other stuff, some of my collectibles, a coffee mug set that I had been wanting, some warm fuzzy jammies....oh yes, and my anniversary/christmas present--an anniversary band with channel set princess cut diamonds. Our 10th anniversary was two weeks ago. I feel SO spoiled!!

-Amy

Latest posts

Back