What color patterns does she have?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Gaits Farm

Reaction score
352.JPG

Not a good photo of this mare....but i would love to hear opinions on what patterns she may carry. I am going to test her eventually. She is one wild colored girl....one blue eye and one brown....right hind leg is dark from the hock to the hoof. Thanks in advance for your opinions on her color patterns.

She has an eye-catching pattern thats for sure.

I would bet that she is carrying sabino. Or LWO.

Definitely LWO, that one solid leg is a dead give away. I would suspect splash as well. I see some things that could be tobiano, but would have to see more of her. The chest shield and flank patch is usually tobi, but I have seen it be a result of multiple other patterns when it looks like that. She's beautiful anyway, love her head and those blue eyes!!

I say tobiano, sabino, and splash. Maybe frame- it's hard to tell when they have a mixture!

default_laugh.png
Well...your wild colored mare has the husband and me "discussing" (arguing)....... You need to have her tested - no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill have a transporter pick her up and then I will let you know what the tests say LOL!

I would guess Tobiano, Splash and possibly frame.

I will leave it to the experts but as far as I am concerned if she was a crayon in a box it would labeled "pretty blingy flashy splashy."

Okay, I am going to guess tobiano, and splash, probably sabino, maybe LWO+ (looks it, but you never know) but definatelty check to be safe.

I couldn't find any photos of her dam when I googled her name, but I am sure many many forum members are familiar with her sire FWF Blue Boy Magic Man.She is beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's my shades?? She is beautiful, and I'm not a big overo fan.

Well if her sire is FWF Blue Boys Magic Man she must be tobiano because he is HZ for it. Must be some other pinto patterns too - maybe everything!! Love her!!!

Haha, kaykay your are funny! I agree, not a pinto person here either, but I like this girl! Love the wild crazy colored ones like that and she is pretty too. Would love to see a pic of her this spring when she sheds out and yes, would also love to see the results of some testing- she is pretty interesting!

Latest posts

Back