What color is she?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Ok, What color is this filly? I have her registured as sorrel but not sure. She sure looked it as a baby. I have not clipped her yet so thought I would get some pics and ask before I do. This is her yesterday. Her full sister is buckskin.

edcc54ed.jpg

This is her the first week she was born.

diva2.jpg

She may very well be palomino-- many palominos are born looking sorrel and then change, and since this filly's full sibling is a buckskin, we know that the creme gene is in the genetics. That forelock changing from "sorrel-looking" to WHITE is a good hint.
default_smile.png

The only SURE way to know would be to test her for creme. But, if when you clip her, she looks a lot lighter on her colored areas, I would suspect she is palomino.
default_smile.png

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Stop it :bgrin :lol:

There's that pretty Diva that made me think maybe dilute's not all that and here now she is lookin' palomino!

She is certainly looking Palomino now and as Magic said, it is certainly a posibility. However, I wouldn't go by her clipped color. I have seen freshly clipped pictures of at least two horses that I would have sworn were Palominos but when they grew out, they were bright red Sorrels.

I would have her tested.

I think I got her twin..she is the same color now as yours..here is a picture when she was 3 weeks old.

gaylepos.jpg

Latest posts

Back