What color is my baby??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwranch

Reaction score
Hi! I've had horses for 26 years but this is my first baby! I bought this mare at the first of November.... March 12th @4:00pm, here's my baby! Dad is a paint, but I don't know the color pattern. These pics are at about 5 hours old. Just missed the delivery..Imagine that! His eyes looked dark blue, maybe green. His Sclera, weeny, little sac and hiney hole is chocolatey /pink. Whatcha think????
default_unsure.png

My Webpagepic 1,

My Webpagepic2,

My Webpagepic 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I've had horses for 26 years but this is my first baby! I bought this mare at the first of November.... March 12th @4:00pm, here's my baby! Dad is a paint, but I don't know the color pattern. These pics are at about 5 hours old. Just missed the delivery..Imagine that! His eyes looked dark blue, maybe green. His Sclera, weeny, little sac and hiney hole is chocolatey /pink. Whatcha think????
default_unsure.png

Here's some help with the pics, hope you don't mind:

dinky011.jpg

dinky009.jpg

dinky040.jpg

He looks like a cute little redhead to me (Sorrel/chestnut)
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

Congratulations on your first mini foal!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
What color pinto(Paint's are a big horse breed, Pinto is a color breed) was the sire?? I'm not a color expert but he looks either sorrel/chestnut or if sire carries a dilute gene could be red dun. Love his blaze!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, he looks sorrel.
default_yes.gif
Congrats on your first-ever mini foal!
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations! What a beautiful little guy. IMO he looks Chesnut. His eyes will probably change to black eventually.

I have had an AQHA foal that color, pink around everything, as he got a few weeks older it started turning dark grey and he was a palomino...looked red dun when born...kind of like your guy!

I am NO expert on color... I just wanted to tell you that he is adorable
default_wub.png
CONGRATS on your first baby and please keep us updated to his growing up and all the funny things he does!!

Mendy

So cute!!!
default_smile.png
With the blaze, kinda looks like my Sage did as a foal (she's a chestnut varnish appy... now she's very roaned out... can't really see her blaze anymore) I'd vote chestnut on yours, too. Here is Sage as a baby

sugar1stdaysleep6small12.jpg

Jessi

He is adorable
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I also think he looks sorrel / chestnut.

In the past, a couple of my horses were born with navy blue eyes. That color usually turns very dark brown / black. It's the "ice blue" ones that stay blue
default_yes.gif

I say sorrel. But could be a red dun depending on his sire/dam.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back